***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Only 4 hours till disappointment, can't wait. :D

This, and also good luck getting on OcUK servers tonight unless you are in Link's merry band of men.

For all those with reasonable (10MB+) Broadband and fast PC's you should be able to host the demo campaign quite easily with 3 friends.

Thus eliminating the need to search for empty servers as they are probably going to be scarce for the next week or so :)

Associate
I should hopefully be on by 8, if its released can you please invite so I too can shout "Vale you FAIL" or Fale :p depending on how much beer i have consumed in 2hrs

Also I have reserved the right be the first person to hit $Pimp$ in the face with a frying pan!

Ludix

Soldato
Mine hasn't started to preload again :confused:. It hasn't done anything at all It hasn't changed from 'pre-load complete; unreleased' since the 24th when i preloaded it. I hope it's going to work. I've had a real ****ty week so far, and i've still got thursday and friday to go which i know i've got ****ty things happening on, so if this really is released tonight and i can have a few games with the regulars on here, (you know who you are) then that will make my week :)

Last edited:
Associate
"More information about the Demo - Reasoning for Delay, updates, etc.
posted by Killz2much Now On Windows 7 @ 08:02PM on October 27, 2009
So many of you might be mad or outraged about the early access demo being delayed. Many of you may think Valve was being lazy or they ****** something up but I got in a word with Mike Blaszczak of Valve over Steam. He gave me the 411 on the reasoning behind its delay.

mike is now Away.
mike is now Online.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: Hey Mike, I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to know something. What exactly happened with the L4D2 servers that made this demo be delayed for 10 hours?
mike: The servers? What do you mean?
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: I read on the Steam forums that the demo was delayed because of some "critical error" with the servers.
mike: I haven't heard such a thing.
mike: We found some bugs during last-minute testing that we decided to fix.
mike: If someone is telling you something else, you should ask them for details.
mike: They're probably making it up, and so there's no way for me to explain what everyone else says.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: It was a thread on the Steam forums, I don't know the person.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: But thanks for clearing that up.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: Thanks, Mike.
mike: On the forums, you don't need to know them to ask them a question.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: True and I did ask but the threads in the Left 4 Dead 2 section are in a storm of rage that it's impossible to get an answer.
Killz2much Now On Windows 7: But anyway, thank you.
mike: Sure.

This means the bugs present in the 360 demo will NOT be present in the PC demo. This also explains why there was a blank update just recently for Steam. It updated the Demo files for the patches which is why some of the files are not encrypted.

Also Jason from Valve had this to say.

"As you've already seen, the dedicated server files for the Left 4 Dead 2 Demo are now available. The game name is left4dead2_demo. We're still doing some final checks for the client, but that should be going live soon."

-Jason
Is there any truth in this? Anyone with a 360 care to tell us about these crippling bugs?

Including what was almost the most epic 2-man team effort of all time :D
Two man army :D

Associate
IM looking forward to it.

Although people in my friends list are toying with me, popups- saying "playing non steam game, L4D2 Demo". But I know its lies!!

Back
Top Bottom