***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Sounds like a plan! :p. Failing that I'll go to sleep and set my alarm clock for 5:01am :D
you have to be up and ready BEFORE they might release.. gotta hype your self up for the disappointment of it not being ready yet... then sitting and waiting for it to unlock while the servers crash... I LOVE valve releases

Associate
im going to boycott this thread tommorrow, too much temptation. So who is up for campaigns after work?

Kind of annoying that you have to play them in an order as you damn students AKA freeloaders will be half way through them by the night :p

Soldato
im going to boycott this thread tommorrow, too much temptation. So who is up for campaigns after work?

Kind of annoying that you have to play them in an order as you damn students AKA freeloaders will be half way through them by the night :p

Me, i'll be at work all day and i'm not getting up @ 5am!

You don't HAVE to play them in order you know. I think I played Death Toll last of the original four campaigns...

Associate
The easiest way off checking if its been released is to set steam to load on startup, switch on your PC at 5:10 (to avoid the steam crash as everyone restarts their client) and when you get a steam could not connect error you know its been released.

You can then spend the next bleary eyed 30mins franticly trying to connect to steam until you realise

- that as you connect to steam the pre load is buggared and you need to re download everything again and you go back to sleep

- the UK release date is in fact the 20th even for steam orders and you go back to sleep feeling all mad and such

- its your internet that is down, cry a little inside, spend a further 30mins reseting your router etc then when that fails open up your browser to google your ISPs phone number, cry a little more when that obviously fails, spend 10mins searching your house for a contact number on a random letter, find it then realise they wont be open till 9am and cry a little more and turn to page 164 (I loved those choose your adventure books)

Either way I'll be probably getting up 8-9ish play one or two campaigns and then get stuck back into the uni essays that are due this and next week.

Associate
*Sigh* do people even read posts anymore

My post was covering the fact that steam releases never really go according to plan one way or another and I was jokingly stating the things that could go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom