***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Hopefully some people will be around for Vs play on release day. I never bothered with Campaign in L4D and won't be bothering in L4D2, boring as hell.

I will jump straight into Vs like I did with the 1st.

Forgetful Fish

Associate
Finished the demo on expert twice today and its just made me want to play the game even more on tuesday :(

Really look forward to the bridge and fun fair levels, had a good read of a thread on the steam forums that went into loads of detail about each game mode/level. Gonna be great :D

Associate
Going to try one campaign on expert realism the very first time we play it.

For epic challenge and luls :p

Fraps it. Should start a comp to see who can make it the furthest on their first attempt on this mode.

After completing the demo now on Expert for the nth time over with a group of randoms with no need for medikits, I'm really hoping that realism will push the limits.

However, cant see myself pushing to complete any realism modes before dipping in to versus (expert/advanced will be enough for that).. but for alcohol fuelled gits and shiggles most definitely.

Associate
I'm really hoping that realism will push the limits.

Oh I think its going to do that :)

Taken from steam forum's

Realism Game Mode

This mode, which Chet says is aimed at extremely hardcore players who find Expert too easy, can be selected on the lobby screen. It is a distinct gameplay mode from Campaign Mode (though it uses the same maps), and can be combined with any difficulty level.

The main difference between Realism Mode and Campaign Mode is that many of the crutches used to make gameplay more streamlined have been removed. For instance, most haloshave been removed. This makes precise communication much more important, since Survivors can get separated very easily when they can no longer rely on halos to find their comrades. Halos have also been removed from Special Infected when they pounce or drag Survivors.

Halos have also been largely removed from items, making careful exploration more important. The halos only appear when Survivors are within a couple feet of an item.

Damage has also been modified for Realism Mode. Bullets that hit Infected bodies are much less effective, making headshots a necessity. We don’t know the exact extent of the changes in damage, however. Based on gameplay, Survival mode may also cause Witches to kill Survivors instantly (instead of incapacitating them on easier difficulties), but otherwise, Realism Mode doesn’t appear to alter the health mechanics of each difficulty level.

Caporegime
something i've noticed, if you shoot a chunk out of a commons neck/chest/back/arm with a shotgun/ak something that gibs well, they will keep coming but remove a leg and it's an instant kill.

So iIm guessing in realism it may be easier to just shoot their legs off with shotguns rather than try for head shots (although if they remove the gibbing for legs in realism this wont work

PoD

PoD

Associate
Yeah I noticed that, but aiming at the legs means more shot goes through, so only practical with a shotty at close range

Back
Top Bottom