***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
DONT LET ME ANYWHERE NEAR BUTTONS! THEY WILL BE PRESSED!

First of all started the horde (survival) without realising by whacking mustachio, followed by pressing the button that NORMALLY starts the level because it was shiney (no other reason, just becuase it was shiney) around 9minutes in which restarted the timer :x woops

Last edited:
Associate
we (me,defrag,tefal,steve) had a good game aswell. not sure why, but both teams seemed to be struggling to finish any of the maps. my non variable tank turned variable at one point, which was pretty annoying

Associate
Added my name to the speadsheet, should add [Noob] in there though! Now to learn how to play ;) Looking forward to co-op - is this like other Valve games where you can pick a server and join with an active game?

Added my name to the speadsheet, should add [Noob] in there though! Now to learn how to play ;) Looking forward to co-op - is this like other Valve games where you can pick a server and join with an active game?

Add some of us regulars to your steam friends and some of us will happily teach you how to play...Don't bother with Steve, he'll only teach you bad things... :p

P.S. Nice sig :D

Associate
Hey guys,

Bought L4D2 the other night and just got playing it tonight! Looks awesome but it's really struggling performance wise...

It's going down to below 20fps is open areas with flashlights on and is very very stuttery.

I recently got a new 24" monitor (1920 X 1020) and I think my 8800gts can't manage it. Do you think this is the expected performance from my card at that res.? I just didn't think it'd be this bad compared to L4D (although that started to hit the 30's in some areas)

Associate
How to play "Follow the LITER" (ugh, stupid american spelling)

Assign each player a number

Send player 1 out alone to grab the set of cans, if he gets grabbed, then send the next player to go help. Player 1 goes back to the generator, player 2 continues to collect the can.

When next can spawns, send the next player out and repeat until you get all 16 cans :D

Soldato
How to play "Follow the LITER" (ugh, stupid american spelling)

Assign each player a number

Send player 1 out alone to grab the set of cans, if he gets grabbed, then send the next player to go help. Player 1 goes back to the generator, player 2 continues to collect the can.

When next can spawns, send the next player out and repeat until you get all 16 cans :D

All while being told how to play the game properly by one of the infected players then laugh as said infected player doesn't know how to reach the cannisters when it's their turn :D

Soldato
Was good fun tonight on Scavenge.

Some weird Charger from the other night.
c1m3_mall0001.jpg

The Gnome outline I was on about tonight.
c1m1_hotel0007.jpg

Associate
Follow the liter (even my browser thinks that's not a word).... Follow the litre is way too slow, you get the normal 30s added for a can, then 15s for each set of cans (normally 1, but up to 3). We weren't doing that great as infected one round and the other team managed to get 16 cans in (you mess up slightly and they manage to get the 2 cans in, and all of a sudden they've got over a minute left on the clock), it took them over 10 minutes, just to pour 16 cans... and they had over a minute left without ever going into overtime.

We of course rushed round and ended with 5:30 left on the clock :)

Also, a lot of players on the other team were getting Scavenge Hunt (stop the other team getting cans) when we beat them 16/0 :| strange game

Back
Top Bottom