1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Mayhems, 23 Nov 2011.

1. GiraffePencils

Mobster

Alright,
    I'm changing the colour, so I'll probably strip it out.

Is it still the best bet to send the fluid back to you? for safe disposal etc.

2. BriT

Mobster

Using X1 UV Blue and want to try pastel blue. Would I need to clean the loop out?

3. Undesirable

Wise Guy

You could try 2-3 flushes of ultra pure before refilling. I used 4 flushes when switching from X1 to XT-1 Nuke, and replaced the tubing.

4. GiraffePencils

Mobster

5. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Yes it is non toxic but we would rather you put it back in the bottle and get rid of it in a responsable manner. Why! becuase it's nice to to the earth.

6. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Mayhems is now working with CPI (Centre for Process and Innovation) researching new techniques in electromagnetic discharge and atom replacement of Nano particle platelets. This New technology is allowing us to remove and replace single atoms from single platelets allowing for a better dispersion with no chemicals interfering the process. The new Nano materials we are working on is based on R&D work in graphene based products to help produce a Nano Coolant that utilises less chemicals and also has the added benefit of being more chemical resistant to changes. This in turn means it can be used in any form of mixed metal cooling system without effecting its end performance. The new nano materials have the ability to be up to 20% more thermo efficient than water alone and can achieve a staggering 30% efficacy over any glycol based coolant. When used in a closed loop system the user will see a substantial drop in temps in there system and the coolant could possibly out last the expected normal life time of their system. It also should not be effected by any PH imbalances and this is being tested right now. This new development in Nano Coolant also has extra added benefit of being able to continually lubricate pumps and O-rings prolonging there life expectancy way beyond their normal parameters. This is the future and it is happening now.

This new Nano tech is a 100% British R&D and 100% Manufactured in the UK. Made in Teesside / Darlington.

Onwards and upwards ...

Last edited: 22 Jun 2017
  7. GiraffePencils

Mobster

So do you still accept the fluid being sent back to you for disposal?
    I have no where near me I can dispose of it, and my council referred to a company that wanted to charge me 50 quid!

8. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Yes you can send it directly back to me were ill despose of it.

Address is

Mayhems
    26 whessoe road,
    Darlington,
    Co Durham
    DL3 0QP

Btw £50 smackers is a Micky take.

P.s If your lcol to me you can drop it off. Even our other office inw akefiled will accpt it, if you would like there address or drop off just let me know.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
  9. ljop

Gangster

This is good to know, especially when I am relatively local.

10. dante666

Associate

are mayhems getting the dark mod slim rads back in

11. colinmcr

Wise Guy

Is there a problem with the mayhems website? I've just had an email billing me for stuff I did not order for over £80!

Bill reads:-

False x1 £24.99
    False x1 £39.99

Confused!!!

12. Captain_Bosh

Wise Guy

Yeah it's happening to everyone, bit of a hiccup setting up the new website I think

13. Glanza

Capodecina

I had it yesterday also, got a reply from Mayhems this morning. They are currently switching to a new system / website and these order updates have gone out in error.

14. Robbie_G

Gangster

Hi,

Yes guys please ignore emails about orders from Mayhems as stated above a new system is being implemented and they have sent about 7000 emails out. I bet they have a lot of customer service emails today.

15. Undesirable

Wise Guy

I'm pretty sure I had leaching in my loop with X-T1 Nuke UV Green. I used Mayhems tubing 16 / 10 flexible, AquaComputer Kryographics 1080 Nickel / Plexi GPU waterblock, AquaComputer Cuplex Kryos Next Nickel / Nickel CPU waterblock, AquaComputer Aquastream XT pump / Aquainlet Res combo (there's a stainless steel tube in the res), Hardware Labs SR-1 360 radiator and Bitspower Black Sparkle fittings.

There were little bits floating around the reservoir and some bitty gunk in my GPU block. The inside of the tubing was also quite misty white rather than clear. To be honest it looked like plasticiser, even though I can't think how it got there when all my tubing is Mayhems.

I'm going to try once more with a XSPC Photon reservoir w/ Aquacomputer D5 pump, but it really looked like the tubing was the culprit, as it seemed to be perishing.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2017
  16. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

This may sound silly but

are you using UV Light and if so what type please?

Thks

17. Glanza

Capodecina

Saw this on their FB today:

18. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Yup was just about to post it Here ;)

19. Shilz

Hitman

Hi guys just in the process of rebuilding by rig and bought some X1 1L pre-mixed from a 3rd party seller on the rain forest website.

I Noticed that there was no paper seal to be broken when I opened the cap.

I also ordered another 1L from OCUK which had a paper seal? Is the non sealed version still OK to use?

Last edited: 5 Mar 2018
  20. markoboyo11

Wise Guy

Thinking of adding in aurora silver booster into my pastel blue .

Any thoughts, recommendations?

Quite willing to tear down the loop and clean it after if it doesn't work out so don't really see the harm.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2018