1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Mayhems, 23 Nov 2011.

1. Glanza

Capodecina

Aurora isn't build for 24/7 running. Unless your taking the PC to a lan for the weekend and happy stripping everything down after I wouldn't bother.

2. Space Monkey

Man of Honour

Does anyone have any experience with the Mayhem's 240mm radiators that are sold on OCUK?

And do they come with the Blitz Part 2 kit as some websites suggest?

3. Robbie_G

Gangster

Hi,

I know I answered you in the other thread but this will help others when buying. The Mayhems radiator is just the radiator and does not include the blitz kit as this was a deal when buying through Mayhems website.

4. Space Monkey

Man of Honour

Thanks, I've ordered 2 anyway :)

5. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Hit up our new Youtube Channel , were we are starting to give users the real information they need :).
    Lets start with our Intro Video to our new channel

Then onto Biocide + and Inhibitor + and why it is so different to any thing on the market. Perfect for Alu, Copper, Brass, Cos2 lasers, CNC systems and so much more.

p.s spot the pug and spelling mistakes on purpose haha.

Last edited: 5 May 2018
  6. m4rmite

Hitman

Looking good, the msds will be an interesting read due to all the REACh and BPD Regs that make biocides an expensive minfield.

7. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Ah you see this is why i took the time to do some courses on it all. Mayhems is considered a down stream user and all though were fully REACH complaint our MSDS / SDS is lower down the scale and since we ship less than 1 tonne of individual products our information is lucky enough to reflect this.

It all so helps we have registered and are the only company in the water cooling industry (our industry) who has registered our biocides and had them approved. This makes me smile big time. What you need to keep in mind though is were using what is allready out there and just adjusting it to our needs.

Imagine 1 tonne of 15 ml bottles... that is a awful lot.

Last edited: 5 May 2018
  8. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

A GOLD UV coolant will be cool. Not sure if something like that exists.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
  9. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

I am in the middle of a new build and planning on using Mayhems Pastel White + Mayhems dyes to match the build theme. I did some test mixing to achieve the desired color.

- Left glass bottle is Mayhems Pastel White + Emerald Green dye + Yellow Dye
    - Right glass bottle is Mayhems Pastel White + Purple dye + Deep Red dye

When the fluid is left for a few hours, some segregation appears to take place, probably some solids floating on the top. This is happening in both the mixtures. It is quite worrying for me. In the past I have used Mayhem's Pastel White but without any dyes, which was ok. Can someone help with this? Will this mean that my blocks will clog up pretty quickly or is it something normal? Thanks

[​IMG]

10. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

@faheemrazzaq

That is normal. When just using white it is perfected to stay up, when adding dyes it changes the molecular structure of the base components. It will not harm your system and will work perfectly fine. Mayhems Pastel and IDC are the only nano fluid which are real nano coolants and were gravity will effect the White you see in it.

11. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

Thanks. Does someone have a picture of Mayhems X1 UV Green when not under the UV light?

12. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

[​IMG]

13. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

Ah more of a yellow tint then. Thanks mate. I will stick with pastel I guess.

14. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

If I use Mayhems pure H2O, will the Mayhems biocide is the only additive required or I must also add a silver coil? Also are all the Mayhems dyes compatible with the Mayhems h20+biocide mixture?

15. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

Yes you'll need additive with just H20.

If you use the Biocide + and inhibitor + yes they are fine.

biocide extreme will change red, orange and yellow dyes but fine with blue and UV Yellow / green

16. Space Monkey

Man of Honour

@Mayhems Do you know when the X1 Blood Red will be back in stock at OCUK?

17. faheemrazzaq

Wise Guy

Do I need the inhibitor +? I am not mixing copper/brass with aluminium.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2018
  18. Robbie_G

Gangster

Hi, we are expecting stock to arrive today.

19. Mayhems

Mayhem’s Rep

All ways use an Inhibitor if you can. its worth it.

20. LePhuronn

Soldato

Question!

Could I achieve a translucent black effect (think smoked acrylic or tempered glass) with a weak dilution of Oil Black concentrate, or would it just look like I have dirty water?