** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Associate
Can X1 and XT1 be mixed without any issues and am I better sticking to one or the other? When I say mixed what I mean is switching between the two without doing too much of a flush of the previous coolant.

Reason I ask is I was planning on experimenting with a few different colours and there are some cheaper options for the XT1 on the website.

Edit:Nevermind I googled that they don't mix.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope. Aurora 2 will go 6 months just about but you need a very simple loop otherwise it'll clog up and lose the sparkles.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm building a pc for my son's chriChris present. Will be some RGB bling on the case and rads. What about the UV stuff? Thinking green UV or just like a slime green colour? Maybe UV as it's more lit up?

Soldato
Personally I'd go for pastel white. It's not explicitly UV reactive, but it will glow. Plus it'll pick up whatever colour of your RGB bling-a-ding you fancy, while still being neutral in its own right.

Or go down the Aurora silver route for the actual present reveal, and then around February teach your boy an important lesson in loop maintenance as he chooses a new permanent colour and you both flush the Aurora out and refill.

P.S. can you be my dad too?

Soldato
Are there or does anyone have any pictures of the Light Grey / Dark grey colours. Hard to tell from those two stock pics of the fluid.

Been running just distilled water after replacing the silver Aurora (Absolutely lovely) so seeing if I can add a color in. Trying to see which of the greys would work in my main build which is all chrome loop and metal tubing so after the shade of grey that would likely match that.

Soldato
Trying to see which of the greys would work in my main build which is all chrome loop and metal tubing so after the shade of grey that would likely match that.

In all honesty, I think you'll be disappointed with everything you try. Grey is too flat and lifeless, too neutral. That neutrality would work where an RGB lighting setup is the focal point, but if you're complementing shiny metal then its lack of "oomph" will detract.

What I'd do (and, in fact, what I will be doing for my current build) is to complement the shine of the chrome, rather than the colour. Give your res a good polish up and then use Oil Black coolant to negate the visual space inside. This will allow the new shiny surface to glint against a totally blank canvas.

Soldato
In all honesty, I think you'll be disappointed with everything you try. Grey is too flat and lifeless, too neutral. That neutrality would work where an RGB lighting setup is the focal point, but if you're complementing shiny metal then its lack of "oomph" will detract.

What I'd do (and, in fact, what I will be doing for my current build) is to complement the shine of the chrome, rather than the colour. Give your res a good polish up and then use Oil Black coolant to negate the visual space inside. This will allow the new shiny surface to glint against a totally blank canvas.

Yeah that is what I suspected partly. Using EK's massive glass res so its cleaned up really well and has a real nice shine to it already. Used Aurora for a while in it and looked amazing as its much more dynamic, alas with the complex loop cannot use that for long term. That black coolant however is a good idea, may look at that, thanks!

Associate
OP
Hi Sorry I have not been around for such a long time.

Mayhems has been going so massive changes and upgrades as of late. Over the last 10 years of Mayhems, we have always done all coolants by hand, Yes I mean everything from the mixing to bottling, labelling and everything. Over the last few months, I have invested heavily in upgrading Mayhems to a new factory automation line. We are about halfway through the upgrade process and still have a little more to do.

Due to the new factory line, some other major changes are going to happen.
  • We will no longer be making 100ml bottles.
  • We will only be making 150ml, 250ml, 1000ml and 5000ml
  • All 100ml Coolants once sold off will no longer be made (get them while you can) they are all EOL.
  • Mayhems Pastel Extreme is now EOL
  • Dyes will still be hand made for now until we can afford a new system to do them.
  • New bottles, New stickers, New dating system is being introduced.
  • New Barcodes are being introduced slowly.
  • New boxes, new logos and new designs are rolling out across the line.
  • New colours are being introduced.
  • New QC controls are being introduced.
  • ISO 9001 Standards are being implemented and worked towards.
  • The new testing regime is being implemented.
Photos of the new testing, QC control, Dev Room.

It will take time for us to get everything sorted out so you may find some resellers will be out of stock of some item as we work to get back up to normal. Please be patient as we are trying our best to keep up.

We also have been hosting visitors from some rather large Bluechip companies the last few weeks, whom have complimented us on our R&D Work and have said via there own testing our R&D and Products simply are the best on the market. These companies are not new to the game and are now partnering up with us and helping us expand into new liquid cooling areas of the market.

I would personally Like to thank everyone for there support over the years and all of this is possible because of you Guys and Girls and companies like Overclockers and all their staff who have stood by us and helped us over the years. I would also Like to Thank My partner Sylvia who unbeknown to many is a pillar of Mayhems and one of the hardest and most forgiving people I know and the rest of my staff who all have worked tirelessly and hard to help move things forward.

Onwards and upwards! I love my hobby (yes I still consider my job my hobby).

Mick

Aka Michael Wood, Director, Owner of Mayhems Solutions Ltd UK

Associate
OP
UK North East and proud manufacturer Of PC Liquid Cooling..

Mayhems Manufacturing of Corsair coolants (bottling side). As of today it's now fully working after weeks of putting it all together. !!!!! Wait till you see what we're doing next ...... We Also now accept all OEM manufacturing as well and can do from 10ml right up to 1,000 Ltrs and ship worldwide. Our daily output is up to 8,000 Ltrs a day but this is going to double soon. Thank you to everyone who has worked with us over the last 10 years this is where all your money is going and im going to make it bigger.

Back
Top Bottom