**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Well it does appear that actually putting your joystick through its range of motions after adjusting the sensitivity and dead zones is what is required to set the values.

Tried a couple of GA flights including the St Barty's landing challenge and seems quite a bit better (though it took three attempts to nail the landing). So a bit of cautious optimism finally though why the hell don't they say on the adjustment screen that this is a calibration exercise and you must move your stick and throttle to complete the setup.

Associate
Hi guys,

Long time flight and racing simmer here.

Have we got an OCUK flight sim community up and running? Maybe a discord server or something.

I don't have any friends that play flight Sims (I'm on XPlane 11, DCS and FS2020). Thought it might be cool to organise a few fly in events?

Soldato
Just completed my Ryzen upgrade from Haswell -

Before:
vQm5RCl.jpg
After:
ALKbTrt.png

Now limited by GPU, but not in red only yellow, which is what I expected - much much smoother panning the camera and solid 30fps+ with the same settings where as before it would dip when panning to as low as 12fps. Still need to do some testing to see if it's still crashing as before (which I suspected was down to the slower DDR3/general game bugs).

Getting twice the CPU score in 3DMark also, so looks like it was well worth doing.

I'm really out of touch with PC gaming :o.. is that a benchmark app? Which one is it? Cheers

Soldato
The loading times....jeez. I've got several TB of SSD, 96gb of RAM, 24cores and 48 threads, and it takes a bloody age.

And once again, did a nice flight in the 787, got up cruise, sat there for half an hour. Then tried to open the controls menu to look up the trim controls....CTD.

Going to try installing it on my other PC and see if it's any better because it's just tantalisingly excellent right now, until it crashes and ruins it

Associate
The loading times....jeez. I've got several TB of SSD, 96gb of RAM, 24cores and 48 threads, and it takes a bloody age.

And once again, did a nice flight in the 787, got up cruise, sat there for half an hour. Then tried to open the controls menu to look up the trim controls....CTD.

The loading times for me is not half as bad as what your saying i run this in a SSD i7 9700k@5Ghz 32GB ram RTX2070S

Iv had 2 not responding app crashes in 50 hours of game time never a CTD tho

Associate

Going to try installing it on my other PC and see if it's any better because it's just tantalisingly excellent right now, until it crashes and ruins it
I suspect is not your spec but the servers or internet, during alpha I never had loading taking more then 1min on 120 Mbps

Soldato
Just wanted to do a quick flight from Gatwick to Manchester - just as I got over Heathrow, for some reason the AP turned itself off somehow and I began to stall. When I went back inside the cockpit it wouldn’t let me press anything in there, no matter what I tried :confused:

Back
Top Bottom