**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

I'm glad I chose to get a month of Game pass to try this first. Oddly, this game doesn't seem to have any joystick profiles set so you have to manually setup the joystick. I followed a guide on youtube to find out how. The controls are almost impossible to use. The plane just swings madly around while the on screen yoke tries to follow my joystick input but fails massively. It is unplayable.

Not just that but it takes ages to load. Probably 10 minutes sometimes.

Associate
I'm glad I chose to get a month of Game pass to try this first. Oddly, this game doesn't seem to have any joystick profiles set so you have to manually setup the joystick. I followed a guide on youtube to find out how. The controls are almost impossible to use. The plane just swings madly around while the on screen yoke tries to follow my joystick input but fails massively. It is unplayable.

My Thusmatser T Flight Hotas 1 worked and everything was mapped right away

Associate
Just to balance it out a bit, i've had zero issues with the steam version and with the flight model set to realistic and my controls setup properly It's a blast and has been well worth the money. Within the first hour it trumped years of X-Plane 11 frustration.

Hope you guys get to the bottom of your issues or come back for another crack at it in the future when patches have been applied.

Soldato
Thrustmaster hotas 4 purchased yesterday and 5 long hours of downloading and all is good! Had a good flight from Exeter over Dartmoor and around the coast and what can I say... love it!!! Doubt my missus will though..

*edit* one thing that’s annoying though - how do you set weather to be “local” as default? Seems to default to clear skies for me

Soldato
Anyone else experience a bug with the ATC where you'll do a flight following or tune to a tower and then won't be able to tune to another tower? The UI acts like it it's an uncontrolled airport / airfield where you have to make announcements on your position.

Soldato
Thats pointed me in the direction I needed to go rather than the blind alley I was up, wow! this is epic with the stick - previously, I'd been flying via keyboard. :o

Thanks @VortexA1

You're very welcome mate!

When I got it working yeah I couldn't believe the difference even compared to a controller. :)

Did you get the throttle sorted too?

@Scania, Glad you got it working with @VortexA1's help, Still a cracking FFB joystick eh? Talk about built to last!

Amazing thing,well built!

I have actually bought a yoke, it's made me want more!

Back
Top Bottom