**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

È

It is if you fly too low

tenor.gif

I may just buy it and try on my current PC. Its only an i5 4th gen with a gtx 1080 and if it doenst run well enough Ill just wait for my new PC.

I may just buy it and try on my current PC. Its only an i5 4th gen with a gtx 1080 and if it doenst run well enough Ill just wait for my new PC.

It'll run. Not at max but it'll be more than playable and still look pretty. I run it on a 1060 6gb laptop with an i5 processor and 32gb ram and its fine (upping the RAM from 16gb to 32gb was a game changer). Remember for a flight simulator, you don't need 100fps. 30fps+ will work well enough.

Excellent news, will be trying out shortly if the servers can give me the update in time for my evening's multi-player flyin.

Can someone explain this

• New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA), along with new sharpen filter using AMD FidelityFX CAS
It's part of the release notes. Does this AMD FidelityFSX CAS thing only work it you have an AMD GFX card (or CPU?) or is it a library that works for all?

Excellent news, will be trying out shortly if the servers can give me the update in time for my evening's multi-player flyin.

Can someone explain this

It's part of the release notes. Does this AMD FidelityFSX CAS thing only work it you have an AMD GFX card (or CPU?) or is it a library that works for all?

I believe it’s an open standard that works on all cards

edit - just to add I’ve only experience 1 CTD on the game to date too but I’ve been fairly casual in my flying and not trying anything complex. Definitely some people that have a nightmare with it though.

I believe it’s an open standard that works on all cards

edit - just to add I’ve only experience 1 CTD on the game to date too but I’ve been fairly casual in my flying and not trying anything complex. Definitely some people that have a nightmare with it though.
Thanks @Zeeflyboy.

I got the update installed and flew last night with a bunch of buddies in FSX/P3D/X-Plane and 3 others in FS2020. One CTD just after starting the flight but 2nd time around the game ran flawlessly. I captured the crash info from Event Viewer so will submit that to Zendesk this evening.

I really want to get this sim but I need a new PC for it, can anyone recommend a graphics card and CPU that would be good for 1080p with med - high settings. I'm thinking if I get a X570 mobo obviously with compatible CPU then I'll get a ZEN 3 cpu when they are more available... just a thought.

Definitely go Zen 3 if this game is the main one in your sights... you will want the better per core performance it brings.

5600X would likely be fine, the game isn’t massively well optimised for larger multi core CPUs yet (but that may change over time!). If you have the spare budget and want to go more cores for longevity/other stuff then the 5800X or 5900X would also be perfectly valid choices. In general though I would suggest putting money towards a higher tier GPU before moving up the CPU tiers as the 5600X really does get you most of the performance of the higher models in gaming anyway.

What is your overall budget? Are you upgrading (so already have case, psu etc) or building from scratch?

Overall budget £1700 but those cpus you mentioned are out of stock everywhere, so other than those what would be a good cpu that would go in a x570 mobo and what gpu ?

Other than using a couple of hard drives from MY current pc im building from scratch with this pc.

Edit : im looking to build this before xmas so my thinking is get a half decent pc soon that will run fs2020 then uograde in a year or so.

Overall budget £1700 but those cpus you mentioned are out of stock everywhere, so other than those what would be a good cpu that would go in a x570 mobo and what gpu ?

Other than using a couple of hard drives from MY current pc im building from scratch with this pc.

Edit : im looking to build this before xmas so my thinking is get a half decent pc soon that will run fs2020 then uograde in a year or so.
You could try picking up a cheap secondhand 2xxx cpu, 2700x maybe, and then get a decent chip when stock is in and prices come down

Back
Top Bottom