**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Go manually download Seattle and you’ll find it’s around 10gb ;P

The entire game is 2 petrabytes

But that's irrelevant if the game doesn't load that much automatically. I just flew around Seattle again for an hour - only downloaded another 500Mb, even with my fiddling with the graphics settings from Medium to Ultra.

You made it sound like the game would try and download 10GB and be unplayable until it had done so which just isn't the case at all and never was going to be.

Soldato
But that's irrelevant if the game doesn't load that much automatically. I just flew around Seattle again for an hour - only downloaded another 500Mb, even with my fiddling with the graphics settings from Medium to Ultra.

I think it’s probably bugged in some way. It took me 2 hours to download Seattle but it’s looks bloody amazing

Soldato
But that's irrelevant if the game doesn't load that much automatically. I just flew around Seattle again for an hour - only downloaded 500Mb, even with my fiddling with the graphics settings from Medium to Ultra.

I am also seeing relatively low levels of data usage to be honest - in line with what you are saying.

I am curious to know whether it downloads so much data if you are flying very high - doing a 787 flight for example, as you will cover a lot of ground at height, where obviously you will not be able to see individual building models.

Soldato
I think it’s probably bugged in some way. It took me 2 hours to download Seattle but it’s looks bloody amazing

It's not - that's how the game is supposed to work.

When you say it took you 2 hours - do you mean you manually chose to download that area of the map? Or where you sat waiting on the loading screen for 2 hours after setting Seattle as your departure?

Soldato
It's not - that's how the game is supposed to work.

When you say it took you 2 hours - do you mean you manually chose to download that area of the map? Or where you sat waiting on the loading screen for 2 hours after setting Seattle as your departure?
Took me 2 hours to manually download the cache for Seattle in high textures though my internet isn’t the fastest

Soldato
The option to download your data is great. Obviously it's massive and time consuming. Those who will be able to will choose to do either stream or pre download. I do feel sorry for anyone but with a very high end system and fast Internet though.

Associate
Any idea where I can find the .exe for the game?

I bought the game on the Microsoft Store, and looking to see if I can add it to my steam library, and use steam link to get in on living room tv.

I've managed to get the game running via desktop mode, but it won't recognise my controller.

Associate
I've pretty much given up with this now, just loading up to the runway the game eats all my ram and is a non stop stutter fest, unplayable.
I was using over 16GB yesterday before I got a refund. I'll come back to it in a year or so when I've done a big upgrade as 1080ti can't cut it at 4K and it doesn't support SLI.

Associate
Not a HOTAS, but my 17 year old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick has mapped automatically. Even has a graphic of the actual stick showing the button numbers, and the onscreen prompts all sync up nicely. Shame it’s not the same for others, but they’ve done a great job with this stick.
And yet my MS Force feedback 2 stick is unmapped! WTF MS?? Unplayable.....

Back
Top Bottom