*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
Soldato
Randy Pitchford said that the best version of Aliens: Colonial Marines will be the Wii U version (not that this means much). In fact, I would be excited to play it solely due to having the alien motion sensor on the tablet controller. :D

Associate
¥26,250 for the base configuration which is £210 with a direct currency conversion. So we're looking for at least £250 here with VAT. Possibly £279.99.

There's also a Premium version with some extra storage (32GB compared to 8GB) and some other unneeded fluff for ¥31,500 which is £252 with a direct conversion.

This certainly isn't going to be under £250.

Caporegime
Randy Pitchford said that the best version of Aliens: Colonial Marines will be the Wii U version (not that this means much). In fact, I would be excited to play it solely due to having the alien motion sensor on the tablet controller. :D

Yeah, I'd like to think the Wii-U will have the best version of any future 360/PS3 multiplatform titles simply because of the extra bumph that it has. But I'm wondering why it's got a whole 1GB of memory that is reserved just for the OS!

Soldato
The date for US/Europe will be announced from 3pm today.

Yup the US announcement will be on a different stream, to the EU announcement.

That's why the EU announcement is at 1500h. So its broadcasted at the same time as the US broadcast.

I'm not expecting a price. I think that they will do the same as the 3DS and leave it up to the retailers, close to the actual launch.

Soldato
Looking at the launch titles, ZombiU, Pikmin 2 and Super Mario are the only ones that interest me.

But I'm going to wait to see what RPGs will be coming out, inventory screen on that touch pad would be cool.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Plus I can think of lots of cool things you could use the touch screen for. Door codes and the like, combining beams on the fly, moving the 3d map around, hold it up to screen for Xray visor etc.

Caporegime
Anyone have any inkling as to what external media are supported? Can you plug in any USB drive and configure all the space or is it restricted to 32GB like Xbox? I suppose it's too early to know these things yet.

Soldato
Anyone have any inkling as to what external media are supported? Can you plug in any USB drive and configure all the space or is it restricted to 32GB like Xbox? I suppose it's too early to know these things yet.

USB HDDs, SD Card (unconfirmed, maybe for wii compatability) and USB sticks.

Soldato
http://nintendoeverything.com/98691/nintendo-confirms-a-few-wii-u-specs-memory-game-disc-size-more/

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed a few new Wii U specs during a Japanese presentation today. Much of the information relates to memory and the game discs.

Iwata shared the following information:

- Supports full 1080p
- “GPGPU” used
- Main memory: 1GB
- System memory: 1GB
- Total memory is 2GB
- Games only use 1GB of main memory
- System memory is for the OS
- Can use the browser while playing
- Game discs are 25GB
- Discs run at 22.5 MB/s
- Uses up to 75 watts of electricity
- Typical power usage is 45 watts
- Reconfirmed: import Wii VC and WiiWare games

Soldato
£229 here, Nintendo want to remain an affordable console and get their top market share back. Wouldn't be surprised if they did £249 for 6 months though.

Soldato
Anyway, its about time we got a new standalone machine, 6 years is too long for a new bit of tech, the wii promised much but when we got our hands on it, it was not natural, the new gamepad looks like it could make a big difference to things if used creatively, hopefully for the most part motion control with the nunchuck and wiimotes will be bypassed for the big controller, i have no interest in flapping my arms around.

Back
Top Bottom