*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

I'm not sure Nintendo has ever been about the media player aspect, as they've never had a console that plays the current format of video, or even CD. With the Wii they may have got BBC iPlayer before its rivals, but they didn't really do anything after that.

Another aspect is that they don't have the access to media catalogues to sell/rent like Sony and Microsoft do.

Prices are all over the place now. Cheapest for basic model is £249.99. Managed to slip in an order for premium for £199.99 on Amazon half hour ago before they changed it again, not holding out hope for them to honour it though.

The Wii U won't do half as well as the Wii. That motion/querky ship has sailed.

Although it is nice to see us Europeans getting technology before the Japanese lately :)

Last edited:
The Wii U won't do half as well as the Wii. That motion/querky ship has sailed.

Althought it is nice to see us Europeans getting technology before the Japanese lately :)

Yes but wii u has both, from what ive seen its mainly controller based anyway with that new gamepad device and the pro controller (which looks suspiciously like a 360 controller) which I think will make it better yes it does have an element of motion control but I don't think it will be as bad as the wii. Which for me was the biggest let down with that console. I like to chill out and play games not jump about swinging my arms around like an idiot. And for that reason more gamers like me that don't buy into the whole motion thingy will be going for this one.

That’s twice they have put up the price, pre orders must be high, trying to squeeze more money out of people :(

New Super Mario Bros and a Monster Hunter game at launch in Japan, it's going to sell a lot.

Seems like Super Mario Brothers arcade not really a N64 depth Super Mario.

Instead of the Wii U been a smidge more powerful than PS3/360, would Nintendo have been better off making it a real half step between the two generations?

I was in way looking forward to the Wii U, but unfortunately 32gb is just to low for me in this day and age. It says to me that it's just a games console nothing more which tbh isn't what I want :(

Also the launch games appear so so at best.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/wii/45217-wii-u-hit-uk-shores-november-30th-starting-250/

from Hexus article said:
Nintendo also took the opportunity to explain its reasoning for its limited 8 and 32GB of internal flash storage - that with the price of such components falling frequently, it didn't wish for flash memory to play a significant role in the console's pricing. In exchange, Nintendo will be allowing unlimited USB storage expansion, confirming that even 3TB hard-disks would be supported.

Great pricing by Nintendo yet again. May pick one up but I'll have a hard think about it. May just wait till it drop in price and get it around Christmas 2013 since I already have so many games to complete, including many on the Wii.

Price is about right imo and the launch line-up is looking pretty good.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA 13
Game & Wario
LEGO City: Undercover
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Rabbids Land
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
TANK! TANK! TANK!
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
The Wonderful 101
Toki Tori 2
Trine 2: Director’s Cut
ZombiU

I'm sure there are more but it's a very varied launch line-up, something for everyone.

Most interesting news for me was...

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is a launch title in Europe!

Sporting higher resolution textures (yay)

Two player co-op/multiplayer...One on the TV and one on the Gamepad...awesome way to use the Gamepad.

50 titles by the end of March...very nice line up at that, I mean you can't really complain!

Already pre-ordered from a few places as to avoid disappointment ;)

Nice list of games. But tbh i would just buy the nintendo exclusives as the other games would be better on other formats.
Gonna wait till xmas, but yeah i think i do want one:)

Price is about right imo and the launch line-up is looking pretty good.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Darksiders II
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA 13
Game & Wario
LEGO City: Undercover
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Rabbids Land
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Skylanders Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
TANK! TANK! TANK!
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition
The Wonderful 101
Toki Tori 2
Trine 2: Director’s Cut
ZombiU

I'm sure there are more but it's a very varied launch line-up, something for everyone.

That's the 'launch window' line up isn't it? The number of games actually out for launch is much smaller from what I read.

Back
Top Bottom