*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Does anyone know if every/most games will support the Pro Controller?

Very very likely, as the pro controller is just the Wii u controller with out a screen on it.

Pity they didn’t have that black ops thing back in the goldenye days would have stop a lot the screen looking :D this might also be good for coop as well

So. along with the sensor bar oddity (only included in the pro pack in the EU, but in both packs everywhere else) I also find it only does 5.1 over HDMI -> receiver -> TV, need optical out for my setup :( BAD TIMES.

Very very likely, as the pro controller is just the Wii u controller with out a screen on it.

Pity they didn’t have that black ops thing back in the goldenye days would have stop a lot the screen looking :D this might also be good for coop as well

Awesome. Think Nintendo could be on to a winner with this console. Good price that'll get better in January, Good launch window line up and the option to use a traditional controller if you want. Not forgetting they'll have a year or two over on the competition as well.

Well, Bayonetta 2, ZombiU etc, Assassin's Creed 3, Ninja Gaiden3 and Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they're taking the more serious/non-casual gamer more seriously this time round.

My main caveat is whether the machine will be powerful enough moving forward that it won't get ignored when the next 720/PS4 appear.

Last edited:
Well, Bayonetta 2, ZombiU etc, Assassin's Creed 3, Ninja Gaiden3 and Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they're taking the more serious/non-casual gamer more seriously this time round.

My main caveat is whether the machine will be powerful enough moving forward that it won't get ignored when the next 720/PS4 appear.

Its okay, considering the 'casual appeal' it will probably hold some value pretty well. Im planning on potentially selling it on once the new xbox is launched, whenever that may be.

I think it will become ignored by most 3rd party developers once the more powerful consoles show up. This doesn't put me off, though - first party wise there isn't a developer that gets close to Nintendo and now that Platinum looks to be in bed with them too that's more than enough to warrant the price tag :)

The thing to remember is...these are all launch titles, when you look back at the 360 it was nowhere near what it could achieve now!

Again it will be a case of as developers get more used to the hardware things will improve tenfold I'm sure. I am impressed with the dual screen Call of Duty 2 Player however...with no compromise of visual quality or frame rate that's damn impressive for co-op, local multiplayer.

Its certainly more powerful than the current gen of consoles but how much more...we'll see that over time.

I am wondering if this thing will sell out however like the Wii, since it does have a free run up to Christmas I think that's very possible that a sell out will happen quickly!

I wasn't to sure about the Wii U but now with Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter and a new game from Monolith Soft I will pick one up.

The main problem with the Wii was the out dated tech it used, it was very hard to get games to run on it.

One massive thing for them is that it can run Unreal Engine 4...we'll see the tech getting itself stretched in years to come.

I just want to see what Retro Studios have been up to...oh well E3 2013 it will be for that :(

Gaming Analyst Michael Pachter believes Wii U will sell out through to April 2013...

Video game analyst Michael Pachter has been critical of Nintendo and the Wii U in the past, to say the least. He followed today’s Wii U preview event and tweeted his thoughts during the show. And judging by those tweets, he sounds pretty optimistic. At one point, he says that the Wii U will “sell out through April at least”. He bases this on his expectation that Nintendo will manufacture 1 million Wii U consoles per month, which would mean Nintendo would ship 7 million consoles through March 2013, according to Pachter. And all of them will sell out, reportedly. He adds that he expects the 30% of the Wii U consoles to be allocated to the US, which would be 300,000 consoles per month.
The Wii U will ship in two flavors: a $299 “Base” version and a $349 “Deluxe” version. Regarding the price, Pachter said that he “thinks Nintendo is pricing it right” and that Nintendo has “fervent fans who will buy at this price”. He also predicts that the Wii U will see a price cut in 2013.
On the games side, Pachter was equally impressed. He said that third party support for the Wii U was “pretty solid”, and Nintendo titles looked “high quality”. He also believes that Activision’s support of the Wii U with a lot of casual titles (sans Black Ops 2), signals that “they think the Wii U market is casual”.
So far, Pachter seems pretty optimistic judging by those tweets (you can read them here). In addition to the price, Nintendo also revealed that 50 Wii U games will be released during the launch window, which spans through March 2013.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/micheal-pachter-wii-u-sell-out/

I guess I can wait for the Wii-U prices to drop. That gives me time to see next years E3 and maybe hear more about the next Xbox and PS4.

I would prolly pay £200 for the premium, maybe £230 at a push.

My biggest gripe with the old Wii (apart from the pap gfx) was the fact that any of your digital purchases were assigned to ONLY that particular console that you purchased it on. In other words, if you switched one Wii for another, Nintendo expected you to re-purchase all your digital titles.

I'm wondering if they're going to use the same corporate scum policy as they did last time.

I switched out a white for a blk for my kids, only to realise that i'd lose all the digital games.

My biggest gripe with the old Wii (apart from the pap gfx) was the fact that any of your digital purchases were assigned to ONLY that particular console that you purchased it on. In other words, if you switched one Wii for another, Nintendo expected you to re-purchase all your digital titles.

Same with the DSi, DSi XL, 3DS etc. Thats why the option to transfer digital purchases are available but hopefully it will be easier on Wii U.

I'm wondering if they're going to use the same corporate scum policy as they did last time.

I switched out a white for a blk for my kids, only to realise that i'd lose all the digital games.

Well one thing that has been confirmed so far is at least you can transfer all digital downloads etc onto the new console which is of course an improvement on the old set up.

That of course would appear to open the door to transferring between consoles etc but of course that's an assumption.

Back
Top Bottom