*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Zombie U has no online multiplayer =/ it has offline co-op, offline 'death match' (1 player survives, the other spawns zombies and such) and 'assault mode' whatever that means.

Big let down, so far none of the big launch titles support online play at all .. what is this, the 1990's?

Quick question, does anyone know if Lego Lord of The Rings will be coming to Wii U? I know that it is not coming out straight away with the other consoles, just wondered if they were working on it if anyone knows?

Are any other more hardcore gamers like myself really considering this? My fav console this gen was the 360 (although I currently only own a PS3). I gave my 360 to my bro and was considering getting a 360S but I'm thinking money would be better spent on something new rather than a 7 year old console. I think it would be a nice fill-in console until the next Xbox is released. We could also see more hardcore games on the Wii U until the new Xbox/PS release

Define 'Hardcore Gamer' and why the term can't be used with regards to the Wii/Wii U.

just what they usually refer to the people who play adult FPSes etc, I don't really like the term but didn't have a better way to describe it

That's not being a 'Hardcore gamer' at all, it's closer to being the opposite in fact. Not trying to sound like a **** or anything but it just grates on me when people refer to being a 'Hardcore Gamer' as basically someone who like Halo, CoD and Gears of War. I'd prefer it if people just said I like gritty FPS games and the Wii doesn't satisfy the Gritty FPS quota :p.

That's not being a 'Hardcore gamer' at all, it's closer to being the opposite in fact. Not trying to sound like a **** or anything but it just grates on me when people refer to being a 'Hardcore Gamer' as basically someone who like Halo, CoD and Gears of War. I'd prefer it if people just said I like gritty FPS games and the Wii doesn't satisfy the Gritty FPS quota :p.

A lot of places refer to people that play adult games and more serious themed games as hardcore, take from that what you want

Hope some of you find this useful - I have contacted Zavvi and they have confirmed their ZombiU pack not only doesn't include Nintendo Land as expected but it also DOES NOT include the Pro controller either. This has come from one of their Customer Services team. I checked as it doesn't say it on the product page.

I think the pack is meant to but theirs does not have it. Nintendo have made this a little confusing.

Hope some of you find this useful - I have contacted Zavvi and they have confirmed their ZombiU pack not only doesn't include Nintendo Land as expected but it also DOES NOT include the Pro controller either. This has come from one of their Customer Services team. I checked as it doesn't say it on the product page.

I think the pack is meant to but theirs does not have it. Nintendo have made this a little confusing.

:confused: so what they selling? Just the standard console with ZombieU thrown in?

Last edited:

Ive just checked my shopto preorder and im sure they have removed any mention of nintendoland from the description ?

i was under the impression and im 100% sure i read that the zombie pack included both games as i preordered :confused:

Are any other more hardcore gamers like myself really considering this? My fav console this gen was the 360 (although I currently only own a PS3). I gave my 360 to my bro and was considering getting a 360S but I'm thinking money would be better spent on something new rather than a 7 year old console. I think it would be a nice fill-in console until the next Xbox is released. We could also see more hardcore games on the Wii U until the new Xbox/PS release
while i don't think all the upcoming hardcore games will be on Wii U, the ones that are should be the best versions.

for me, the Wii U will replace my PS3 as my second console while my 360 remains 1st choice until nextbox arrives.

while i don't think all the upcoming hardcore games will be on Wii U, the ones that are should be the best versions.

for me, the Wii U will replace my PS3 as my second console while my 360 remains 1st choice until nextbox arrives.

Yeh makes sense, I play most cross platform games on PC anyway but a Wii U would be good if it adds creative features to cross platform games and it should have good exclusives, can't wait for Zelda

Hmm after reading more news I think l'll wait until Zelda is released to buy the console, there's no launch games I want so may as well wait for the inevitable price drop

Some body on another forum has e mailed AMD about what GPU is in the WiiU and he got a reply saying.It has a modified AMD Radeon E6760 GPU.Dont personally know if its any good or not just sharing the info:)

...and I was told the opposite so I suppose we may get a nasty surprise come release day or a pleasant one.

I think you should ask again.

At the time they went out of stock they were selling for £319.99, £5 less than average. It doesn't seem likely that they would have taken a £40 controller out to save £5.

If they were not selling the Zombie U pack with the controller they are either opening all the pack boxes and removing them (which would be obvious since it will say on the box what it should include, plus what are they going to do with a load of unpackaged controllers?).

The only other solution would be for them to open up standard premium boxes and swap the Nintendo lands for zombie I'd, just to save £5 off the cost whilst severely annoying their customers. It doesn't seem to be worth their time.

What is far more likely is that the description was never updated because the product sold out and the customer service rep didn't know any better.

When I contacted them I included a link to the tweet where Nintendo said what was in the Zombie U pack.

Back
Top Bottom