*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
Visually it looks both excellent and a bit ropey at the same time. The combat looks spot on though. It's Zelda so it will at worst be very good.

Associate
It's certainly pushing the Wii U hardware, some areas look great others theres not much going on, but theres seems to be many unique points of interest around.

Combat looks like an expanded form of Windwakers mechanics which were great.

They said there are over 100 of these mini dungeons...

Soldato
Indeed, and Nintendo's use of cell shading is generally great. Despite some limitations in terms of textures i thought the overall scope and look works. Was tingling when I saw the temple of time and knew what it was before we got told. Reminded me of a certain inverted water position in the series should we say and makes me think this game might fit in that timeline

Associate
The game looks great, as for the graphical style. It's much similar to Wind Waker which is a good direction to go in, such a game can look amazing even on WiiU. Alas, as nice as the new Zelda is... I'm still bitter about how terribly lackluster this year's E3 is from Nintendo. It's not quite one game since they showed off a little Pokemon too, but my word that is very little. The NX better launch with an awful lot of games if they've nothing to show right now.

Soldato
I'm really happy with the way Zelda looks and plays - going to be immense.

Whether I'll get it Wii U or NX remains to be seen - not knowing what NX is exactly.

Either way it'll be a day one for me (and I'll be clearing the diary for the weekend of the release).

Soldato
thoraxeszelda8t7uc8.gif

a49KQ0O.gif

Jq1Nsqe.gif

zeldaugif1yiakv.gif

zeldaugif2nhb4z.gif

spxxOvV.gif

AoPotNH.gif

0C6mcQS.gif

giphy.gif

What's not to like? :)

Associate
This is going to be a great Zelda game, how great is the question!

I like that the game doesn't give you much direction and just lets you free on the world, it's a true open world/freedom of discovery approach. And apparently you can even choose to go to the final boss without playing much of the story.

Some bits:

Whether I'll get it Wii U or NX remains to be seen - not knowing what NX is exactly.

Either way it'll be a day one for me (and I'll be clearing the diary for the weekend of the release).

Yeah I guess I'll want to get the best version in the end, but maybe there won't be any other games on NX I want to play at launch... seems unlikely for me but will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone tried the My Nintendo E3 missions? I am struggling to find the Z icon ....

Edit: Never mind I found! You can get 70 points form the mission.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm in two minds about the idea of removing collectable hearts and rupees... Yes it's a simple mechanic, but it also keeps things fun and fast paced.

Associate
I think the changes were necessary given the new direction that Zelda is taking, but there's still a lot we don't know about those systems (namely how vendors and dungeons will work). I hope there are limits on how much food you can carry and that you can assign food to a shortcut in the final game (highly likely, D-pad down had no use in the demo). I won't miss the rng element on health at least...

With Rupees I don't think it changes much but they did mention that they would be used quite differently this time around - you convert items found into Rupees somehow. Although, there was 1 Blue Rupee in the E3 Demo that a few people found.

Each time I start looking up stuff on the game I find out new things, such as this... UFO..., and things falling from sky, there's something interesting on death mountain, and the things you can do with the physics engine, e.g. setup and use a see-saw catapult.

Did anyone else get Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?, wasn't sure how i'd feel about the heavy Japanese cultural themes and such (not massively into anime stuff), but I'm hooked. It seems like solid JRPG so far, its fun and feels very complete/polished. After playing SMT IV on 3DS and now this, I think i'm an Atlus fan... even more interested in Persona5 now (didn't play 4).

Last edited:
Associate
Did anyone else get Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?, wasn't sure how i'd feel about the heavy Japanese cultural themes and such (not massively into anime stuff), but I'm hooked. It seems like solid JRPG so far, its fun and feels very complete/polished. After playing SMT IV on 3DS and now this, I think i'm an Atlus fan... even more interested in Persona5 now (didn't play 4).

Absolutely. I've been a fan of Atlus for a long time and have been excited for TMS since it was re-announced in it's new form.

They did a great job with the game and the battle system is very, very good. Possibly the most accomplished battle system yet marrying weapons and magic in the way that it does. So far 10 hours in it's on par with SMT4 aand could exceed it imho.

P4 is overrated. P3 was better and SMT3 (PS2-PCSX2) being the one to beat.

So glad I didn't sell my Wii-U and held out for this :)

Associate
Absolutely. I've been a fan of Atlus for a long time and have been excited for TMS since it was re-announced in it's new form.

They did a great job with the game and the battle system is very, very good. Possibly the most accomplished battle system yet marrying weapons and magic in the way that it does. So far 10 hours in it's on par with SMT4 aand could exceed it imho.

P4 is overrated. P3 was better and SMT3 (PS2-PCSX2) being the one to beat.

So glad I didn't sell my Wii-U and held out for this :)

Wow that's great to hear I hope to pick this up soon.

I never played SMT3 (have played IV but didn't finish it) but loved persona 3 +4.

Back
Top Bottom