*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

It's certainly getting interesting. That means I have two pre-orders in so far, and we'll keep waiting to see which one lasts (or if any more come along).

I seriously doubt the July 12th prediction from Amazon though...

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but, inflation has added about a 1/3 of the price of consumer goods since the Wii's launch. When the Wii launched it's RRP was £179.99 with inflation that figure would be around £239.39. To think the jump is quite big and that an Xbox 360's RRP was £279.99 when it was released 7 years ago I think its rather a good deal for a 1080p machine.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but, inflation has added about a 1/3 of the price of consumer goods since the Wii's launch. When the Wii launched it's RRP was £179.99 with inflation that figure would be around £239.39. To think the jump is quite big and that an Xbox 360's RRP was £279.99 when it was released 7 years ago I think its rather a good deal for a 1080p machine.

While that's true wages haven't kept up with inflation AND the cost of living has gone up. Also savers are currently being screwed over by low interest rates.

It's the same as a company using the argument of exchange rates for putting up prices. It makes sense but all the individual in this country notices is the price goes up. And up.

Amazon just cancelled the 199.99 preorder. Not a great sign.

It's more likely it was just an error... Supposedly the 'white' launches first, and that was on 'notify me', so it could still be that the price was correct but just announced too early.

Of course, it's unlikely any suppliers know the price just yet, as Nintendo will hold their wholesale pricing decision as long as possible.

Interesting times in the next few months ;)

Back
Top Bottom