*** Official Nioh (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I'm one that usually plays and beats a boss first alone then puts my summon sign down for others for a few more rounds then I move on so this doesn't change how I play but can understand the frustration of those maybe struggling or just wanting to play with a friend

Associate
llamadal;30487024 said:
Hardly a git gud game considering how predictable enemies are in it.

Point is, they knew people would not like this change, so just didn't tell anyone. You might be happy to bend over and accept that, most I know are not.

Anyway it's a shame as the game has some potential.

I was poking fun with the 'git gud' reference, simmer down. :p

The way I see it, it's hardly a game breaking design flaw. I play Souls solo or co-op with much greater satisfaction coming from solo'ing the more difficult bosses. I don't care about the change to Nioh's co-op as I hadn't played the demo so had no preconceptions about how it would work.

Co-op generally makes this style of game markedly easier so your complaint is that you don't have 'easy mode' right off the bat? :confused:

Soldato
llamadal;30487024 said:
Hardly a git gud game considering how predictable enemies are in it.

Point is, they knew people would not like this change, so just didn't tell anyone. You might be happy to bend over and accept that, most I know are not.

Anyway it's a shame as the game has some potential.

What do you mean, "not like this change"? This is a new IP so don't treat it as a souls game. The developers thought this was a better way of doing it as opposed to copying souls method of co-op and fair play to them.

Soldato
Update on supermarkets, my mate tried a different Sainsbury's today and they had it for £42 so god knows :D hope this game sells well Sony need to push it! Unique compared to anything on xb1. I worry they are relying too much on far cry zero dawn! ;) (horizon just looks like farcry to me)

Associate
kinger8938;30487870 said:
Update on supermarkets, my mate tried a different Sainsbury's today and they had it for £42 so god knows :D hope this game sells well Sony need to push it! Unique compared to anything on xb1. I worry they are relying too much on far cry zero dawn! ;) (horizon just looks like farcry to me)

Good news, I got ripped off good and proper buying physical from GAME.

OT but I'm massively on the fence regarding HZD. visually it looks good but I've seen absolutely nothing that has sold the game to me as a must have exclusive. I'm not a fan of anything they've previously developed either..

Soldato
Same shadow fall was soo bad I quite 1 or 2 missions in! I like to see a Dev trying something new let's just hope it doesn't follow Ubisoft style open world tropes, some of which it appears to already have in there

Associate
Played this last night for a few hours wasnt sure about it for a while but as I got used to the controls and timing it became much more enjoyable. Looking forward to playing it more this evening :)

Soldato
Picked it up on lunch break £42.99 at Sainsbury's so not terrible still never consider console game prices a bargain no matter what but it will do!

I don't have ps plus and don't intend on resigning for one game, will I miss out much?

Associate
I've not played any of the co-op yet so I can't say you're missing out on anything by not having PS+. I'm not sure if you can see where other players died, and summon their ghosts, without PS+?

Had another couple of hours on this tonight and beat Hino-enma after an embarrassingly large amount of attempts.

Loving this game, early contender for GOTY.

Soldato
Started last night, I think that intro mission was too easy to introduce folk to what this game will bring but still nice for story

Dying to hordes of enemies, fighting one on one is straightforward so far but more than 2 is a bit much for me right now! Unlocked a few skills it's just remembering to use then :D

Associate
jimferno;30492347 said:
Had another couple of hours on this tonight and beat Hino-enma after an embarrassingly large amount of attempts.

You're not alone on that one. I strode in there confident having downed the first two bosses on the first attempt thinking I was gonna do the same, only to have my dreams shattered within seconds. Took me several attempts before I even came close to defeating her. Once I had the timing though, it wasn't quite so bad, though I had no elixirs left when I finally beat her. Was a close call, but a very good boss fight once I got the hang of everything.

Genuinely impressed with this so far. Was expecting something close to what Dark Souls and Bloodborne were, but despite obvious similarities this one has its own identity. I still haven't properly mastered the stances, and I've yet to even try half of the weapons out.

Safe to say I'm in agreement that this is gonna be a very strong contender for game of the year. Looking forward to seeing what the next mission throws at me.

Associate
Ecliptica78;30492895 said:
You're not alone on that one. I strode in there confident having downed the first two bosses on the first attempt thinking I was gonna do the same, only to have my dreams shattered within seconds.

Exactly the same here, it was like running into a brick wall compared to what I'd faced up to that point.

Forced me to git gud.

Kinger8939 said:
What weapon type have you guys found best so far then?

I'm maining the axe, not because it's "better" but because I like building tanky melee characters first. They seem to be the easiest to build. Early game the axe has been fairly difficult to use but I'm committed.

Really want to try the spear but I'll leave that for my second character I think.

Soldato
Yea I'm tempted to try the spear! I liked the axe, tried it in the intro mission, hits hard and seems to stagger the enemies. If it's the speed that needs adjusting to!

Is the equipment load vs dodge speed been figured out yet? Think under 25% is the fastest, then takes a hit after that? Not too sure!

One thing I find is I need to be closer to the tv! I can't just sit back and relax I'm constantly leaning forwards :D

Associate
kinger8938;30492929 said:
What weapon type have you guys found best so far then?

I'm currently using the spear and dual swords. I actually really like the spear so far. The heavy attack on mid-stance can stagger most enemies in a couple of hits, but it does feel a little cheap at times because of the incredibly long reach. It's not the quickest though, and in tight spaces it can be terrible, so a good quick weapon is nice to have around for those encounters. Spear is great for the bosses where you have to chip away slowly at their health then quickly retreat, as you don't have to get in too close.

I do fancy having a go with the axe though. I think I'll replay a couple of the missions and try out the rest of the weapons.

Back
Top Bottom