*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Soldato
I'm not a fan of the Mod+ server and all these new mods :)

Much preferred the old Tekkit server. Mainly because I've lost months of stuff. Will try and push on but so many changes and new ores, items, gems etc. What's the thing with two orange dots? and the Present boxes?

Is there a Wiki for these new mods?

Associate
Is there anyway i can recover a deleted world?

I don't have Windows 7 which would have been easier.

I have tried to recover it twice but it came back with no results.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Soldato

Much preferred the old Tekkit server. Mainly because I've lost months of stuff. Will try and push on but so many changes and new ores, items, gems etc. What's the thing with two orange dots? and the Present boxes?

Is there a Wiki for these new mods?

Next time you are on and you see me jump on mumble and I will give you a tour of the new things available.

With the next update all mods will be listed in a document with relative links to the sites for each mod.

Associate
Is there anyway i can recover a deleted world?

I don't have Windows 7 which would have been easier.

I have tried to recover it twice but it came back with no results.

Thanks in advance for any help.

umm not much to go on here

what OS you on?

when you say recover do you mean from deleted?

i dont know what system or setup you have so not able to help much

Associate
umm not much to go on here

what OS you on?

when you say recover do you mean from deleted?

i dont know what system or setup you have so not able to help much

I'm on XP. I tried using Recuva twice but it failed both times.

I tried scanning in application data and then pointed it right to the saves folder but nothing was found.

Associate

I'm really not liking this mystical Thaumcraft mod :(

The ore distribution is really messed up, I have lots of iron, lots of aluminium and that is it. No copper, no tin, not a single ore.

I have masses of this annoying Thaumcraft gem bobbins which I've just chucked in a chest to forget about. I think the makers of that mod have overloaded the ore distribution to make people use it. I've seen the videos and I'm not that interested at the moment, I just want all my Industrialcraft machines back ASAP but at the moment that is just impossible with no copper or tin.

I don't want to upset anyone who likes it and I don't want this to sound like I'm moaning, but I bet they have the same missing ore problem as me, I can't see how I can continue playing if I can't any of the ores I need. I'm now not far from bedrock and I haven't even got redstone or flint, so it is a bit frustrating after being so happy to have the server back online.

#######

Also, I have a bug report.
I make several stone pickaxes and store them in my inventory, some time later their life decreases to almost zero meaning they all break after a few hits, same happens with axes and I'm assuming spades as well. The tool actually in use behaves normally.
This means I can't go mining for longer than the lifetime of one stone pickaxe.

Soldato
I'm really not liking this mystical Thaumcraft mod :(

The ore distribution is really messed up, I have lots of iron, lots of aluminium and that is it. No copper, no tin, not a single ore.

I have masses of this annoying Thaumcraft gem bobbins which I've just chucked in a chest to forget about. I think the makers of that mod have overloaded the ore distribution to make people use it. I've seen the videos and I'm not that interested at the moment, I just want all my Industrialcraft machines back ASAP but at the moment that is just impossible with no copper or tin.

I don't want to upset anyone who likes it and I don't want this to sound like I'm moaning, but I bet they have the same missing ore problem as me, I can't see how I can continue playing if I can't any of the ores I need. I'm now not far from bedrock and I haven't even got redstone or flint, so it is a bit frustrating after being so happy to have the server back online.

#######

Also, I have a bug report.
I make several stone pickaxes and store them in my inventory, some time later their life decreases to almost zero meaning they all break after a few hits, same happens with axes and I'm assuming spades as well. The tool actually in use behaves normally.
This means I can't go mining for longer than the lifetime of one stone pickaxe.

The red/green/yellow/white and black ores are xycraft ores they are a bit useless atm as the mod is not finished, I have seen the machines that are going to use these ores and they look fantastic, the other types of ores that follow the same colours are the thaumcraft ones over the next few days we will get a few examples of some of the features of these mods on the server. Sorry about the extra stuff but you can still just go down the ic2 path. Albeit it's a little harder now to extend the endgame of ic2.

In regards the pickaxe's that is a feature that was actually on the old server but it was broken and of course since then has been fixed, when a pickaxe wears down inv tweaks (the mod that sorts chests etc via the buttons) pulls out of your hotbar the almost broken pickaxe and replaces it with a fresh one so infact your stone pickaxe has lasted through all the pickaxes in your inventory this is mainly enabled for diamond axe's etc so as they are not destroyed and allows you to repair them.

We have plans to get a spawn area together with some of the mods on show so as you can see them working and if myself or yrth are on please don't hesitate to ask us.

there is copper and tin in the world but the spawning is different and less then the spam ic2 gives making the game again last a little longer then having a diamond chest full of the stuff in a handful of days copper spawns at levels 45+ so anywhere below that and you will not find it and tin spawns between 25 and 50. There is a mining age and next time you are on I will sort out a book for you to get there from your build.

Last edited:
Associate
It is called minecraft for a reason : P the joys used to be in getting to where you're going and finding random/creating random stuff on the way. Instead it's like 'MUST have EVERYTHING! *troll-face*'

Associate
Sorry about the extra stuff but you can still just go down the ic2 path. Albeit it's a little harder now to extend the endgame of ic2.
Did it need to be made harder ? I was ages behind everyone else, still breeding cows while people flew overhead in jet packs. It was as much a learning curve in learning how it all worked as ore availability, I'd barely touched on Buildcraft and Redpower.
In regards the pickaxe's that is a feature that was actually on the old server but it was broken and of course since then has been fixed
Ah, that sounds very much like it, thanks :)
I'm also getting massive glitches where the ground disappears to bedrock and I have to run around it, not really a big issue, just mentioning it.
is a mining age and next time you are on I will sort out a book for you to get there from your build.
Thanks :) still not sure how books work though, do you drop them or hold them or just wave them around ?

It is called minecraft for a reason : P the joys used to be in getting to where you're going and finding random/creating random stuff on the way. Instead it's like 'MUST have EVERYTHING! *troll-face*'
I was happy with the pace I was going at, which was pretty much way behind everyone else anyway. I actually wanted to play the game as-is, but I guess I'll have to do what everyone else does and get several quarries, wait for a week until it's mined a chest load of copper and then carry on. Ironically to me that is a 'must have everything' approach :( I don't see quarrying as 'playing', it is just twiddling thumbs until someone hands you a pile of copper for free.
Aesthetically I think it jars a bit, I got down to bedrock and found a cave jam full of those sparkly gem things and it was a bit in your face, like all the neon in Times Square, it gets kind of ugly after a while.
Still, I found a tiny bit of redstone and a diamond but I've left all that other stuff. It's like Nickolite, you just don't bother mining it after a while because it does nothing.

Anyway, I don't want to change anything because this is for the majority, I'll plod on around those levels and see how much copper there is. If anyone wants a chest of thaumcraft/xycraft to get started just pop over :)

Soldato
use the xycraft to build with as mobs can't spawn on xycraft materials - I have been testing the ore generation and I don't think the config we are using is working too well so me way resort back to ic2 generation and make a new mining age for all to access. Still testing it as with everything else lol. The advantage is with mystcraft and a new world the copper tin etc will all be there if we do change up the config.

Soldato
Fran, you may be having the same problem i had with copper and tin. i spent ages mining at the tin level and the copper level in the overworld and didnt find a single block. However, i have found quite a bit in the mining age so i'm doing all of my mining in there. if you mine at the levels 5punk said you should find plenty (although the superflat modifier of mystcraft made the world start at ~level 100, so you will have to dig down a long way)

hope that helps :)

*edit*
does anyone know how to detect if a player dies in computercraft?

Last edited:
Associate
use the xycraft to build with as mobs can't spawn on xycraft materials - I have been testing the ore generation and I don't think the config we are using is working too well so me way resort back to ic2 generation and make a new mining age for all to access. Still testing it as with everything else lol. The advantage is with mystcraft and a new world the copper tin etc will all be there if we do change up the config.

What mod are you using for ore generation as a lot of mods are switching to a new system to prevent strip mining at one level to get yer resources. Different ores will be found at different levels. Below if rough guide of the way ore is distributed.

Lvl40: Copper, Iron, Lead, Tin, Apatite, Coal
Lvl26: Iron, Lead, Silver, Tin, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Apatite, Coal
Lvl11: Iron, Diamond, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Coal

Mod creators are working together a billion times better than they used to thanks to the FTB launcher (not sure if the server uses a FTB setup (dont think it does) but even so because of FTB it will have an effect on the way mods work together increasing compatibility and stability.

Last edited:
Associate
Fran, you may be having the same problem i had with copper and tin. i spent ages mining at the tin level and the copper level in the overworld and didnt find a single block. However, i have found quite a bit in the mining age so i'm doing all of my mining in there. if you mine at the levels 5punk said you should find plenty (although the superflat modifier of mystcraft made the world start at ~level 100, so you will have to dig down a long way)

hope that helps :)

*edit*
does anyone know how to detect if a player dies in computercraft?

Sadly I dont think detecting a death is possible yet without addons for computer craft. An alternitive is the below code used to track players in an area
Try this
local tCDS={
Me={

tc={
x1=590;
x2=590;
y1=5;
y2=5;
z1=283;
z2=283}
};

Them={

trp1={
x1=5;
x2=10;
y1=5;
y2=5;
z1=15;
z2=20}
}}

local function check(info)
for b,a in pairs(tCDS) do
for ref,cds in pairs(a) do
lx=(cds['x1']>=cds['x2'] and cds['x1']) or cds['x2']
sx=(cds['x1']>=cds['x2'] and cds['x2']) or cds['x1']
ly=(cds['y1']>=cds['y2'] and cds['y1']) or cds['y2']
sy=(cds['y1']>=cds['y2'] and cds['y2']) or cds['y1']
lz=(cds['z1']>=cds['z2'] and cds['z1']) or cds['z2']
sz=(cds['z1']>=cds['z2'] and cds['z2']) or cds['z1']
if lx>=info['xCoord'] and sx<=info['xCoord'] and ly>=info['yCoord'] and sy<=info['yCoord'] and lz>=info['zCoord'] and sz<=info['zCoord'] then
if (b=='Me' and info['name']==playername) or (b=='Them' and info['name']~=playername) then
rednet.broadcast(info['name']..ref)
end
end
end
end
end

rednet.open('top')
local sSide='back'
local sProbe='TargetInfo'
while true do
for _,sSensor in pairs(sensors.getSensors(sSide)) do
for _,sTarget in pairs(sensors.getAvailableTargetsforProbe(sSide,sSensor,sProbe)) do
check(sensors.getSensorReadingAsDict(sSide,sSensor,sTarget,sProbe))
end
end
sleep(0.25)
end

at the top there is a table of co-ordinates to check in the format:
reference={
x1=1;
x2=1;
y1=5;
y2=6;
z1=7;
z2=10}

if a player is detected within those co-ordinates then the reference keyword is broadcasted, this can be used for secret escape routes and the ultimate traps (before I played MC modded I spent my time designing the most sneaky traps I could, it's one of my fascinations), you then have computers awaiting the keyword from the correct computer, ready to open your passage or kill the trespasser in the most imaginatively malicious way possible. If you want to make it check additional details of the target turn sProbe into tProbe and make it loop through the table using each probe you enter and adding it to the info table

Last edited:
Soldato
that looks way too complicated for what i had in mind. since i was dying so much i figured i'd make a simple deathcount program for myself :p i'll just stick to pressing a button once i've died for now.

speaking of computercraft, here is the quarry program i made: http://pastebin.com/p29YETmE

you should be able to use the pastebin get command to grab it straight from minecraft. you will need two sets of two enderchests for this to work (one for fuel, the other for dumping its stuff). once you put the enderchests in the right place just plop it down, run the program and enter the size and depth of quarry you want and it'll be off. a chunkloading turtle is best for this obviously.

it cant cope with server restarts yet so you will need to manually replace it in the corner and restart the digging if the server restarts when its mid way through mining

Back
Top Bottom