• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Ok, no one else has mentioned this and last time I posted this it was mentioned it could be switching power modes on the GPU. I am still getting lines of red pixels at at odd times that band across the screen, these are only 1/2 pixels wide and flash for a split second. This morning I have turned on my pc and am getting what appears to be raining artifacts. pink/red dots zooming across my monitor only 1 pixel in size but there are many of them and it is pretty much continuous, they appear to be going in a vertical and horizontal pattern but as they are so fast I cannot distinguish. I have a sapphire 5850, the rest of my spec is - evga680i, Q6600 (now at stock),enermax 1kw - the first one they did about 3 years ago, 2gb ddr2 800mhz, and a 2405fpw. I'm am struggling to see what may be the problem and taking a screen dump does not show this up. I have played a few hours of Cry on it and last night had a 4-5 hour TF2 session and it was absolutely fine. Can anyone comment, could it be a driver/ windows issue?
What about a monitor problem ? the 58xx series have error correction so you should not get artifact's as normal.

I think I am going to leave it at this, if I start going any higher with the clocks I have to up the voltage a lot, I was already up at 1.3v with a 985 clock, so I think 900 is more than enough :D

Like I said from My Crysis benchies 880/1200 was a sweetspot, My card will run at 1ghz at 1.24v but I will never run it at that, Just nice to know it can.

I will eventually edit a new bios and run the card @ 500/500 max day to day and use overdrive to around 880/1200 for intensive games, I see absolutely no point in running it faster than I need too

Oh Jesus Christ I am a smegging numpty... my dvi was loose on one side.. bye bye credibility

3 p's :D ****,poor,preparation, We are always at a slight handicap when fault finding a new problem when it occurs at the same time of a hardware upgrade !

It's the truth lol?

Also, it's been found GPU clock will achieve higher speeds overclocking, say a 4670, than using rivatuner, the reason is changing the timings.

You could only change memory timings, surely, A processor's clock speed does not have timings :confused:

Last edited:
GPU Clock plays with the timings, resulting in your clocks being meaningless.

Iirc the memory timings aren't static, the timings changes with frequency anyway. Even if AMDGPUTool slackened memory timings beyond the cards normal latency to frequency ratios, which I like to see a link on tbh. Most have decent core clock increases. So I don't see how it's meaningless exactly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom