• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Caporegime
Ok, Cheers
Does seem that they can be pushed a little higher than 1.35 then, I suppose without a DVM to actually measure the voltage We don't know how much over. Bottom Line as You found out is all these things seem to have sweet spots which are not at the Max and best for normal use

Same with every card, some are better overclockers than others.

I'll only ever use 1110 core for benchmarks and keep 1050 at 1.25v for day to day.

Hence the extra voltage of the asus card isn't needed even under water.

That doesn't mean that somebody won't get 1200 core with suitable cooling though.

My first 5850 was an appauling overclocker and wouldn't even go past 1000Mhz even with 1.35v.

Caporegime
it should give a windows 98 splash screen and then the c: prompt.

I can't remember which one I used. Try google and you will find hundreds

Last edited:
Soldato
well redid the usb stick, and it appears to have worked now flashed and rebooting into windows :)

Im guessing its worked as it had to resinstall the drivers

edit again

bobs your uncle 1200 core and 1400mem available :) thanks for your help ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
well redid the usb stick, and it appears to have worked now flashed and rebooting into windows :)

Im guessing its worked as it had to resinstall the drivers

edit again

bobs your uncle 1200 core and 1400mem available :) thanks for your help ;)

Glad to hear u got there. Just report back with your best results.

Caporegime
Done some AA testing today, see what the hit was like.

Resident Evil 5 bench - 1680x1050 - maxed out

No AA = 125.9
4x AA = 105.0
8x AA = 99.5

Not bad, only a 5 and half frame drop between 4x and 8x. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not sure, I will have to check. I know when I was trying to find the max of my card with the MSI bios and 1.35v the VDDC maxxed out at 50C though ;)

Nice. I'm still hoping the EK block will come down a little in price?

I noticed last night that a benchmark run of Furmark pushed the VDDCs to 60C, whereas a full benchmark run of the unigine DX11 engine only peaked em at 50C which I would think is more realistic.

I'll try it tonight with some lengthy gaming. :)

Caporegime
Yeah that 50C was with furmark as well. With games it hovers around 40C, the same as the core. :D

Stupidly expensive price the waterblock are but I wanted it more for silence than overclocking but it helps.

Associate
dont liek the idea of raising the prices of the cards, if they stayed at 200 id buy 1 at the end of the week, but its out of my budget now so just gonna wait for nvidia to release their fermi cards.

Soldato
im getting more and more blank screens causing the pc to freeze, this happend before my flash so im sure its not that,think its gonna have to be reflashed and sent back :( psu should be more than good enough as I had a 285 before its on a clean install so i can only think the card is faulty or its the damn cat drivers

Back
Top Bottom