• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Soldato
im getting more and more blank screens causing the pc to freeze, this happend before my flash so im sure its not that,think its gonna have to be reflashed and sent back :( psu should be more than good enough as I had a 285 before its on a clean install so i can only think the card is faulty or its the damn cat drivers
try the asus bios. since i flashed my card with it i've had no weird colour screens, no lockups..

Soldato
OP
im getting more and more blank screens causing the pc to freeze, this happend before my flash so im sure its not that,think its gonna have to be reflashed and sent back :( psu should be more than good enough as I had a 285 before its on a clean install so i can only think the card is faulty or its the damn cat drivers

I went back to WHQL ones last night as I was having problems with the beta ones.

Soldato
P1000802.jpg

Got that after 5 mins of switching on pc :(

Soldato
i had that before i flashed it.

if yours keeps doing it then u should rma it or try it in another system

im going to reformat and try again, i cant think of any sane reason why the card shouldnt work in my setup, i dont have anything else suitable to test it in either as it wont fit in my dell at work lol, i swore after my last ati card id never have another, just wish id kept to it

Associate
still problems

my card messing up more now, it still does the old take 15 seconds to boot up problem, but now games crash after about 10-30mins playing.

i checked temps and everything working ok, also when i had xp installed i could play crysis warhead maxed fine with no probs, now i have installed win 7 its sluggish and crashes, (maybe due to the extra power used for direct x 10/10.1?)

ive tried asus bios and also put clocks and voltage back to normal, but im still getting artifacts in games :confused:

Associate
Are all of you lot that are having these problems running win7?

the crashing problems yes since win 7, the long startup problems no

i just completly uninstalled all graphics drivers rebooted and installed 9.10 drivers and played l4d 2 demo and crashed again after around 15mins

Soldato
OP
It must be something to do with Win7 and the drivers then, except this long start up thing which I guess can't be.

Having said that, is anyone that's had the long start up thing actually running Vista or XP, I'm not and I've not had it.

Back
Top Bottom