• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Associate
After doing the usually rounds of HWbot results I have finally started playing games again on my 5850 and I must say I am impressed.

At 1920 x 1200 I thought I would give NFS shift a go with lots of eye candy.

Applied full detail, 16xAF, quality mipmaps, and 8x super sample edge detect AA.

Result? A very pleasing 59fps normal dropping to the lowest of 45 fps. Well chuffed and it looks gorgeous.

Still can't drive for toffee though :(

Good to know, cheers. I'm going to wack that on as soon as I get my 5850 (hopefully this week!)

Soldato
ive had my powercolor 5850 for a week or so and ive had the occasional problem, not sure if there the same as anyone else, all seems fine, just general usage then all of a sudden as blank grey screen with virtical lines running accross the screen, only happend a couple of times and the only way to sort was to hit the case restart button.........

anyone else had the same?

Soldato
going back a bit my old Asus board could never display the stupid asus pre post screen properly on my ATI 1800XT. Eventually after about 12 months Asus fixed it in a bios flash.

Caporegime
Asus bios flashed no problems :D

CCC limits now 1200 core 1400 memory

Asus smartdoctor works and so does MSI

Interesting for those on water is that Asus lets you overvolt to 1.5v :eek:

Plus allows core to go to 1200/1400 as well.

I have tried it but 1.5v only gave me 1110 stable (temps 40C) so really not worth the risk/voltage over 1.25v for 1050Mhz day to day.

However, mileage will vary with cards and if you get a good one then perhaps you will do better. I always seem to get poor performing cards me :(

Anyway off to post some new records for HWbot with my 1110/1300 5850 GTX295 "eat you for breakfast" card.

Have fun guys! :D

Caporegime
Hee hee. You were looking for an excuse anyway ;)

Almost broke 20k with vantage last night which is amazing for a single £200 card tbh (without physx) :D

Soldato
Nothing this morning when switched on, post screen, windows starting screen fine, a perfect boot today for some reason.

Why do You feel the need to turn the PC off ?, It's very old fasioned thinking ! with modern PC's and opperating systems, Just set up S3 standby and You will not use any more Power when it's off ;)

Back
Top Bottom