• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Soldato
OP
I'm having trouble creating a backup of my Sapphire bios. Has anyone else managed it?

GPUZ gives a message saying that it's not supported and RBE says that it can't do a GDDR5 card. I've done it with ATItool but it's only 62kb which is wrong as it should be 128kb (same problem as RBE actually) so I've run out of ideas.

Soldato
OP
Haven't gotten my new blocks from aquatuning yet,

I see they have their own block that is cheaper than the EK one, is that what you intend to get?

well that should have worked...

It just says 'bios reading not supported on this device'.

Broke 40fps with tessellation on. Not bad for a quiet HTPC :)

5850@975/1300 [email protected]

unigine9751300.jpg

Edit; now getting 42.7fps with the 5850@1050/1300. needed 1.35v though so I'll stick with something lower for 24/7 use.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As the memory won't clock beyond 1300mhz, going with a full block seemed like a waste of money so I decided to stick with a core block.

That's what I've done. I'm using an EK Supreme block with zalman RAM sinks and a Zalman ZM-RHS70 that fornowagain suggested might fit. It doesn't but I modified so that it does! :)

You need something substantial like that on the VDDCs as they run really hot, especially when bumping up the vcore. I tried it with some ramsinks on them to begin with but they weren't up to the job.

Soldato
OP
Are the 9.11s the ones that are named 'opencl beta' or something like that?

I think I'll give them another try (had res problems with them before) as there's definitely something odd going on with these cards and drivers. Last night, after exiting a game, it switched to 1080i 30hz 16-bit!! I didn't realise at first and spent ages trying to work out why aero wasn't working. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom