• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official OMG I've finally got my 5850 thread **

Soldato
I've had my gigabyte 5850 and Win 7 installed for few days now and the only prob I've had is getting "Coh: opposing fronts" to load, keeps wanting to instal all these patches and finally says "invalid username and password" but this is probably the game itself rather than the card/software. I've got a workaround sorted so I can play the sp at least. Game runs sooo...much better at full settings now as does both crysis and warhead. Very happy bunny here:)

Soldato
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and my Sapphire 5850 love each other :) No, seriously, I did not install any drivers from the CD included, just went on ATI's website and downloaded the latest Catalyst (9.10). Everything's stable and there's no really need of overclocking the card at my resolution (1680x1050). I wanna check if it's stable as it is now for the next month at least. Played Crysis Warhead (max settings, AAx4), Risen, Tropico 3 and M&B: Warband already. Will try Empire Total War when I buy it, Medieval II doesn't seem to stress graphic cards a lot.

Sorry I didn't inform you earlier but when I got the card on Wednesday, I was to busy being excited abt my new rig to write anything at Forum ;)

Other news, Core i5 is stable at stock voltages - 24x150MHz (Turbo on). Overclocking further though, just for fun :)

Caporegime
Anyone know what comes bundled with the ASUS version of the 5850? Also how come Sapphire seem to be the most popular?

On the basis that ocuk seem to have got about 4 times more Sapphire 5850 in than all the other makes put together!

One of the main reasons I got a Sapphire one was that it was actually in stock.

Caporegime
If they were all in stock and all about the £210 quid mark
which card is the preferred one ?
I thought i read somewhere that the asus one is much more c lockable cos of a volt mod software thing ??
is that correct?

Cheers

Associate
was wondering if anyone is geting flickering when in the CCC panel and also when in the overdrive panel it flicks between core 725 down to 175 speed,also ran vantage and i know its only a athlon x4 620 at 3.2ghz but i should be getting more than 9000 score in vantage shouldnt i with the xfx 5850,cheers

Caporegime
Also put everything to performance in CCC. benchmarks are always run with the lowest common dominated as all that counts is the score.

Of course if you are just comparing your own system after you have changed something like the graphics card just compare like with like.

Also have a look on the orb database as there are sure to be people with the same card and cpu and see how the scores look.

If there is a big difference, look at the individual results to see where the difference comes from.

Soldato
was wondering if anyone is geting flickering when in the CCC panel and also when in the overdrive panel it flicks between core 725 down to 175 speed,also ran vantage and i know its only a athlon x4 620 at 3.2ghz but i should be getting more than 9000 score in vantage shouldnt i with the xfx 5850,cheers
with 9.11 beta driver it doesn't flcker when in the CCC panel or overdrive panel , 9.10 driver it does..

Soldato
OP
I'm having trouble creating a backup of my Sapphire bios. Has anyone else managed it?

GPUZ gives a message saying that it's not supported and RBE says that it can't do a GDDR5 card. I've done it with ATItool but it's only 62kb which is wrong as it should be 128kb (same problem as RBE actually) so I've run out of ideas.

Soldato
I'm having trouble creating a backup of my Sapphire bios. Has anyone else managed it?

GPUZ gives a message saying that it's not supported and RBE says that it can't do a GDDR5 card. I've done it with ATItool but it's only 62kb which is wrong as it should be 128kb (same problem as RBE actually) so I've run out of ideas.
what version of gpu-z u used?

Back
Top Bottom