**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Associate
I wasn't aware of that. Being exclusive to Three and EE has meant past OP carrier deals have been stupidly overpriced.
Well that's unless something changed recently, I'm pretty sure they've been on O2, Three, EE and Vodafone at some point. The 5G plans were indeed exclusive to Three and EE and very expensive. I personally haven't bought a phone on contract since the HTC HD2 ages ago so I don't really pay attention to these.

Soldato
Well that's unless something changed recently, I'm pretty sure they've been on O2, Three, EE and Vodafone at some point. The 5G plans were indeed exclusive to Three and EE and very expensive. I personally haven't bought a phone on contract since the HTC HD2 ages ago so I don't really pay attention to these.
The 6 and and 6T were extended to O2 but the 7 Series was Three and EE only with the 7T series being Three only, from memory.

Soldato
I've always liked what OnePlus have put out historically, especially as the software is close to stock and you usually get very good specs. I've never owned one though because the picture quality just lags behind the likes of Google and Huawei. Hopefully they'll eventually nail that as it'll be great to have another choice!

Caporegime
So about in line with the previous leaked prices below....

OnePlus 8 8/128GB - €729 (~£625)
OnePlus 8 12/256GB - €835 (~£716)
OnePlus 8 Pro 8/128GB - €930 (~£800)
OnePlus 8 Pro 8/128GB - €1,020 (~£877)

Any other discounts they offer other than student? Off to check Blue Light.

Associate
Top of the line at £899 is a bit better than expected, that's the price of a 128GB S20 and cheaper than a 128GB Pixel 4XL. Still not going to upgrade from my 7 Pro but I'm really curious to see what the reviews say about the camera.

Soldato
Tempted with ordering base level Pro model with John Lewis, got a bunch of gift vouchers i could use. Will see what the initial reviews/thoughts are.

Soldato
one thing I'd expect at that higher price is specs to be beating or equal to other top end devices.

reality is OP was always lagging behind, especially camera wise.

I always loved their software but cameras were always behind samsung, pixel etc.

Soldato
Interesting that the base 8 Pro is already £100 more than the 7T Pro (at release) yet has half the storage. Not a deal breaker for most people, myself included, but for those that need/want 256gb you're automatically starting out at £899.

My general thoughts are wireless charging would be nice to have but not worth the cost and that the hole punch camera is a step backwards. Pop up camera with full uninterrupted display any day for me.

Last edited:
Associate
one thing I'd expect at that higher price is specs to be beating or equal to other top end devices.

reality is OP was always lagging behind, especially camera wise.

I always loved their software but cameras were always behind samsung, pixel etc.
They're also always cheaper than these phones.

Back
Top Bottom