*** Official Planetside 2 Thread ***

Soldato
I mostly play this on Rig2 from my sig (i7 4770K @ 4.3Ghz with 8GB RAM and 7950 XFire). I really struggle to hold 120fps in this game, the new continent (I forget how to spell it) is awful and I'm often at around 40fps in there.

Associate
Yer I5 then mate 2500k or better a 2600k or even better a 2700k but the *600k and *700k will cost a lot more. I'm not sure how much more performance you will get from them. Planetside becomes CPU bound for me yet I look at my CPU and only 2.5 of the cores are maxed. So im not sure HT is going to help much.

Maybe someone here with once can advise.

Soldato
There will be big optimisations once the PS4 version is released. Higby said in a stream last week that with the PS4 version they are introdcuing some new software to the game called Umbra, it basically only renders on screen what you can see and greatly improves FPS. They are bringing it to PC, so going to be much better fps soon :)

Associate
Yer I5 then mate 2500k or better a 2600k or even better a 2700k but the *600k and *700k will cost a lot more. I'm not sure how much more performance you will get from them. Planetside becomes CPU bound for me yet I look at my CPU and only 2.5 of the cores are maxed. So im not sure HT is going to help much.

Maybe someone here with once can advise.

I run a first gen i7(2.8ghz) with 6gb ram and a 7850(2gb).
1920*1080 High Settings except for shadows and particles.
render quality 80% and all the fog/occlusion/motion disabled.

I sit steady at 60fps most of the time, dropping to 40 when it's a cluster**** or smoke spam. I am CPU bound All the time.
Of my 4(8) cores it never full uses 3 and shows me at 33% CPU most of the time. Disabling Ht or having Ht has zero effect.

Most of my chums that still run crossfire/sli systems (not many now) disable it for ps2

Associate
Just me or is the DNS issue still not resolved? Still can't get into the game =(
The DNS issue is fixed as much as it can be by SOE. They paid the bill.

The results of the fix may take 48 hours to filter through to you depending on how good/bad your isp is.

If your tech savvy you can try a work around.
On your router:-
Set your primary and secondary DNS to:
Then reboot it.
When it comes back up, on your pc, at the command line. "ipconfig /flushdns".

In a few days you should check your router again and set your DNS back to what it was before.

Associate
If you want the Zerg fest join Vanu, If you want easy mode join TR, If you want to fight for the underdog that's always under popped Join NC.

That's coming from a guy with a ALT on all 3 chars on Miller and Woodman.

On a serious note

If your into SCI-FI and laser beams and all that stuff Vanu is for you.
If you like modern weapons and fighting for the underdog. Join NC
If you want overpowered weapons and like winning the alerts. Join TR

:D

Soldato
I don't believe that for a second. Unless your playing at 640x480. I have a better system than you and still get 30fps drops and most my settings are on medium. press ALT+f next time your in a 250vs250 man battle and watch that CPU get chocked.

There's people in my outfit with I7's and Titan combos 16 gig of ram still it chugs when the Zergs roll into town.

I don't care what you believe, I play at 1680x1050 and all my sliders are to the right. It plays just fine.

Associate
There drop menus there not even sliders :p Your idea of fine must be 30fps as theres no way in the world you are getting a solid 60fps maxed out. Not with that hardware.

Myself and other have better spec than you and we all drop into the 30-40 fps.
I still drop into the 40fps with a mixture of high and medium. If you have shadows maxed out there no way in the world your even getting above 45fps in heavy fights as shadows are broken and kill performance. If you have everything maxed out including fog shadows. Ill eat my hat if your hitting anything above 30fps in heavy fights especially on Hossin.

Its not a case of believing you as its impossible to get a solid 60fps at 1080p even with the worlds fastest I7 and a titan Z. Its an engine issue. I know it, most players know it, most people in here are also saying and even SOE know it.

Theres always one :rolleyes:

Soldato
Got this up and running again - nice fps all ultra/high steady fps etc but mouse feels like it's about two seconds slower than everything im doing - tried multiple fixes and nothing fixes it.

Soldato
Shot in the dark here, but try disabling the the Aero desktop if you're using Windows 7. We've had loads of mouse related issues with it in work, and they all go away as soon as you disable aero.

Associate
So I downloaded this about 6 months or so ago (maybe longer than that actually) and gave it a blast, but my old system really struggled with it, and I died, lots, lol. Anyways my mates been playing it quite a bit recently and is keep to get me playing again as well. Is this a game where you really need a few people in a group to enjoy it, as I just seemed to get killed ALL THE TIME, when going off on my own :(

Back
Top Bottom