*** Official Prey (2017) Thread ***

Associate
OP
Have no idea TBTH, someone posted it on a Gaming Group on FB.

Checked on Wikipedia

"Prey is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game is scheduled for release in 2017 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Though a sequel to the original Prey of 2006, it had been announced and in development by Human Head Studios shortly after the original's release. With rights being transferred from 3D Realms to Bethesda during the process, the game fell into development hell, and was eventually canceled by Bethesda in 2014. Bethesda announced Prey as a re-imagining of the original game at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2016, with the Austin branch of Arkane Studios taking on development duties."

No wonder it felt like Fallout 4 with a twist.

Edit: 100% pre-ordering this :)

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
One of the few games this year I look forward to. Probably won't get on release as I would only buy it once I have my next graphics card, which will likely be Vega if it turns out to be any good.

Plus I remember Dishonoured 2 took a few patches to get sorted, so will get it a month or two after release if it turns out to be as good as it looks and sounds :)

Associate
I'm surprised there's very little discussion about this!

The concept is pretty unique for an FPS title. I'm intrigued by the enemy concept, and the fact that the game is largely non-linear. I especially like that you can acquire the enemy's abilities also!

I'll be getting it day one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking forward to this for what feels like an eternity. I don't plan on pre-ordering, but if all checks out when the reviews are released, it's a definate buy for me.

Associate
Very much looking forward to this. Love what they did with Dishonored 2, which for me ran awesome. Tempted to pre-order but have been burned before but I reckon once released the price on cdkeys will go up. Also slightly worried about the demos only being released on console, but on the other more positive hand, the pc optimisation could be work in progress and not yet ready for public consumption??

Soldato
Is there any particular reason why you pre order? And not wait for reviews and so on?

I don't usually pre-order. Actually the only games I have pre-ordered in the past were Resident Evil 6 (which included Resident Evil 5 as a pre-order bonus), Resident Evil 7 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. For all of those it's because I was a huge fan of the franchise and was confident that I would enjoy the game even if was relatively average, but also because I got a good deal that I would likely have to wait for more than 6 months after release to get again. For most games I'm happy to wait a while for the price to come down, others not so much. I've never paid over £30 for a game so in my experience you either get a good early pre-order deal or you wait for the price to come down.

For Prey there are quite a lot of articles, interviews, videos, etc with the developers of the game available - I like what I've seen, heard and read and therefore this is a game I don't want to wait for - when I seen the price it was going for on CDKeys - I 'pushed the button'.

Caporegime
The problem is it doesn't matter how many interviews etc. there are, there is every chance that the game could be awful on release, be that, performance issues or/and bugs galore, it doesn't matter how big the developer/publisher are or how good pre-releases footage is:

- deus ex mankind divided (awful optimisation + bugs + missing graphical effects for PC on release)
- no man sky (well not much more needs to be said)
- bf 3 + 4, the alpha + betas were fantastic then final release....
- batman arkham knight, previous games were very good (aside from some performance issues)
- mafia 3
- dishonoured 2

Soldato
The problem is it doesn't matter how many interviews etc. there are, there is every chance that the game could be awful on release, be that, performance issues or/and bugs galore, it doesn't matter how big the developer/publisher are or how good pre-releases footage is:

- deus ex mankind divided (awful optimisation + bugs + missing graphical effects for PC on release)
- no man sky (well not much more needs to be said)
- bf 3 + 4, the alpha + betas were fantastic then final release....
- batman arkham knight, previous games were very good (aside from some performance issues)
- mafia 3
- dishonoured 2

TBH with steam pre-orders there is little risk with 2 hours of free demo time effectively before getting a refund. Agree with cdkeys etc pre-orders though, in fact it's the reason now that if I do pre-order I'd rather pay the extra £5-£10 for the peace of mind.

Caporegime
TBH with steam pre-orders there is little risk with 2 hours of free demo time effectively before getting a refund. Agree with cdkeys etc pre-orders though, in fact it's the reason now that if I do pre-order I'd rather pay the extra £5-£10 for the peace of mind.
Yup if pre-ordering then do it through steam.

Back
Top Bottom