*** Official Rugby League SLXXIV Thread ***

Associate
Been away for 12 days. By all accounts both Cas and Wakefield just bashed Wigan up down the middle - they are crying out for some size and experience up front. The club seem more interetsed in pumping up 15 stone lads to be 16 stme mobile forwards rather than getting some naturally big forwards. Might be another long afternoon today :(

Associate
Things are pretty grim at Wigan. For all the defeats, that's the first time they've really been put to the sword. Wigan's leading forward (Bullock) made 73m. Both Thompson (who was outstanding) and Walmseley made 160+m. Sts were good, but Wigan just looked clueless in attack and defence. The kamikaze, mad-dog defence of recent seasons has evaporated and they just look soft up the middle.

Ryan Sutton (who I thought would struggle in the NRL) and Bateman had stormers playing for Canberra this morning. We know Williams is heading that way next season, but we are now hearing that Gildart is going with him. What is the issue that good players at Wigan want to leave but Saints etc can hang onto their stars? 2 more teenagers in the squad for Monday at Salford (Smith at 7 and a young lad at 9 - so essentially the spine of the team). If they're any good they'll be wanting to move to Aus as well

JRS

JRS

Soldato
We really do blow hot and cold. Beaten by St Helens who we just didn't play well against, and then we give Hull FC a fair old drubbing with some very decent rugby. Go figure!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Might be an uncomfortable evening in Barcelona for Wigan in a couple of weeks.

With the greatest possible respect, I really hope it is!

Highlights from the match against Hull FC:

A special word if I may for FC player Jake Connor. Here was a match where he could have stepped up and shown exactly what he was made of with Sneyd out injured. Instead, he gets himself a yellow for dissent. Dissent, for God's sake! Presumably he forgot that they were playing Rugby League and thought instead it was a soccer match...:o:p

Associate
Wigan's best performance of the season. Still came up short though. Just lacking a bit of guile at half back in my opinion.

Two really poor VR decisions (Leuluai 'knock on'/Sarginson double movement) whch balance themselves out. Turning point was Hardaker not finding touch from the epnalty. The momentum turned completely from that point onwards.

Soldato
Wigan's best performance of the season. Still came up short though. Just lacking a bit of guile at half back in my opinion.

Two really poor VR decisions (Leuluai 'knock on'/Sarginson double movement) whch balance themselves out. Turning point was Hardaker not finding touch from the epnalty. The momentum turned completely from that point onwards.

It was a knock on though... I would say that as a Warrington fan :p

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Nervy sort of start to the match. TBH, it looked like we were badly missing Tomkins' steadying presence until they all relaxed in the second half and got going. But that's another monkey off the back (not beaten Wigan in the ten previous matches between the sides).

The tries:

Highlights to follow soon as Dragons TV publishes the vid.

Back
Top Bottom