• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
The annoying thing is that you update a bios and then its all out the window again!

Haha yeah. Again I have two things going for me there.

I'm on a crosshair so haven't had a bios update since saturday
I've only just started settling on a saved OC profile so I've been dialling it in manually everytime since, so can do it in my sleep now :D

Soldato
The annoying thing is that you update a bios and then its all out the window again!

I've just updated to the 1.14 bios for the tomahawk and my cinebench scores have increased. Bear in mind I have been stress testing and benching this all day after numerous reboots and @ 3.8 my score was always the same : 1579
Now with the latest bios its 1613, 35 points away from when I had it at 3.9.
Slowly but surely......

Associate
Random one for all you hardcore geeks on here :)

Would lowering the CPU voltage cause a pci sound card to drop sound from time to time ? I have some very strange things happening with BF1 and doom once i start lowering the voltage on overclocks.

I have checked everything else. It is either the overclock itself that is causing it or the lower voltages. I thought the PC would just fold if it wasn't getting enough juice to the cpu but what do i know :)

Associate
I've just updated to the 1.14 bios for the tomahawk and my cinebench scores have increased. Bear in mind I have been stress testing and benching this all day after numerous reboots and @ 3.8 my score was always the same : 1579
Slowly but surely......

Bear in mind the branch prediction tech Ryzen, if you run the same bench over and over it gets slightly fast each time for a few runs.

Would be nice if the bios updates are providing performance boosts.

What Bios was you on before?

Soldato
Bear in mind the branch prediction tech Ryzen, if you run the same bench over and over it gets slightly fast each time for a few runs.

Would be nice if the bios updates are providing performance boosts.

What Bios was you on before?

I tried cinebench over and over because of branch prediction, seemed to make no difference. I ran this just after updating bios and my score increased. I've ran other benchmarks inbetween and came back I still have the same score. The single thread score has increased also. Dirt rally max fps has come up a little also. I was on Bios 1.0 before and went straight to 1.14. I've not touch memory speeds or timings I'm too scared because that involves removing the GPU!

Associate
I tried cinebench over and over because of branch prediction, seemed to make no difference. I ran this just after updating bios and my score increased. I've ran other benchmarks inbetween and came back I still have the same score. The single thread score has increased also. Dirt rally max fps has come up a little also. I was on Bios 1.0 before and went straight to 1.14. I've not touch memory speeds or timings I'm too scared because that involves removing the GPU!

Ok I can confirm moving to 1.14 from 1.13 has improved stability. It now allows me to run fully stable on 3.7Ghz on stock volts (1.20v peak) on all cores from 3.6Ghz.

Associate
Slowly but surely......

It has bumped my numbers up too. On 3.7Ghz I was getting 1590 and now it is getting 1603 on Cinebench. Small bump but its going to correct direction.

1688 on 3.9Ghz now too, bumped 10 points.

Associate
It has bumped my numbers up too. On 3.7Ghz I was getting 1590 and now it is getting 1603 on Cinebench. Small bump but its going to correct direction.

1688 on 3.9Ghz now too, bumped 10 points.

I was wrong, its now allowing the CPU to run at 3.8Ghz on all cores on stock 1.20v volts :eek:

Associate

Any chance of a link to the BIOS, the motherboard l have coming will most likely have V1.0 on it.

Caporegime
Why? Not many of us use/play Prime all day, every day... and it's certainly no indication of the responsiveness of a system.

Do you even know what prime is ?

You seem to be argumentative4 for the sake of it.

Reviews have hard data for you - this is a user forum where people post their experience - and yes, some of them will even post "real data" for you.

If someone posts/says something you don't get anything from personally, why not jsut move on?

I've been overclocking CPUs long enough to want an overclock to be stable....people are posting clocks etc...but no proof of stability...

Soldato
Do you even know what prime is ?

I've been overclocking CPUs long enough to want an overclock to be stable....people are posting clocks etc...but no proof of stability...

No, no idea what prime is. I've been living under a virtual rock for years....

I'd consider half an hour of realbench/handbrake as a more real world test over 12 hours of prime.

But if you are happy with prime, I am happy for you.

What I was getting at is if someone else doesn't run that, then leave them the hell to it. They aren't here to please you

Back
Top Bottom