• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Caporegime
No, no idea what prime is. I've been living under a virtual rock for years....

I'd consider half an hour of realbench/handbrake as a more real world test over 12 hours of prime.

But if you are happy with prime, I am happy for you.

What I was getting at is if someone else doesn't run that, then leave them the hell to it. They aren't here to please you

It's a community try reading one of my overclocking threads.....the general consensus is that you run stability tests , share clocks and share vcore etc....

Posting I'm at 3.9 at 1.325 v on its own is completely pointless...

Suspended
People asking for 12 hours Prime95 stressing need to prove that with their own rigs beforehand because Prime95 does nothing but put a ridiculous amount of stress on the CPU in a 'singular aspect', i have had 8 hour Prime95 stable systems and then Blue screened after half an hour of backing lighting in Unreal Engine.

All Prime95 does is boil the CPU, it could cause damage to modern CPU's both Intel and AMD, my advice is don't use it. Don't listen to people who say you should.
Asus real bench is all you need to test stability, i have never had a system that was Real bench stable crash or blue screen.

Last edited:
Associate
It's a community try reading one of my overclocking threads.....the general consensus is that you run stability tests , share clocks and share vcore etc....

This suitable?

1700 - 3.9Ghz - Peaked 1.320 volts - 10 Runs Realbench

b9NVC4P.png

Caporegime
People asking for 12 hours Prime95 stressing need to prove that with their own rigs beforehand because Prime95 does nothing but put a ridiculous amount of stress on the CPU in a 'singular aspect', i have had 8 hour Prime95 stable systems and then Blue screened after half an hour of backing lighting in Unreal Engine.

All Prime95 does is boil the CPU, it could cause damage to modern CPU's both Intel and AMD, my advice is don't use it. Don't listen to people who say you should.

No it doesn't

Heat
Voltage

Kill CPUs not software...

Soldato

This started with you wanting hard data when someone said things felt smoother and faster. Something not necessarily quantifiable, and you were wanting hard data.

I don't see that prime is going to quantify that.

Caporegime
This started with you wanting hard data when someone said things felt smoother and faster. Something not necessarily quantifiable, and you were wanting hard data.

I don't see that prime is going to quantify that.

I want to know what vcore is needed for 1700 @ 4ghz for 8 hours running Prime....

Soldato
This is complete nonsense, Prime95 is a real world application not a synthetic deathmark like Furmark or IBT. The reason people used to stress test with it was because it was (and still is) very good at exposing any CPU instability (not to say that a CPU that runs it fine won't BSOD in Borderlands, had that, just that if a CPU is going to BSOD then it most likely will running Prime).

Caporegime
This is complete nonsense, Prime95 is a real world application not a synthetic deathmark like Furmark or IBT. The reason people used to stress test with it was because it was (and still is) very good at exposing any CPU instability (not to say that a CPU that runs it fine won't BSOD in Borderlands, had that, just that if a CPU is going to BSOD then it most likely will running Prime).

Finally someone who knows what this is all about....:p

Soldato
Then don't post in it....:p

Ive created an overclocking thread....The people who are confident will post in it and share their system stability shots without argument....:p

I'll be in there when I have a board worth keeping :D

No 12 hr Prime runs though - i might manage the 8 :/

Back
Top Bottom