• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Motherboards seem a little to flaky for me to buy into, i will let you early adopters sort it out and come in in 6 months when i can get A Matx board, 4ghz and 3200 Ram.

Windows VM running Plex server and gaming at the same time, It's as if the VM is not there. Lovely.
Which is exactly why I am going to grab the 1800X. I will be putting long Unity engine cooking rendering on the back, and do something else also.
Atm with the 6700K not only takes ages, but I have to work with only 3 cores the rendering, and 4th one for what ever I want to do.

right i need help or this crosshair motherboard is going to meet a hammer in a dark alley..

My issue is... if i overclock using the AMD master software i can set windows power options to balanced and it will drop the core speeds when the machine is idle... Problem is the AMD software is causing some issues..

How the hell do i get balanced to work when i overclock in the bios ? balanced will work if i leave bios speeds at stock... balanced will drop the cores down to a nice chilled speed. As soon as i overclock through the bios though balanced stops working and the cores lock at the overclocked speeds even if my pc has been idle for 15 minutes.

im sure i am missing something but any help would be great ty.

right i need help or this crosshair motherboard is going to meet a hammer in a dark alley..

My issue is... if i overclock using the AMD master software i can set windows power options to balanced and it will drop the core speeds when the machine is idle... Problem is the AMD software is causing some issues..

How the hell do i get balanced to work when i overclock in the bios ? balanced will work if i leave bios speeds at stock... balanced will drop the cores down to a nice chilled speed. As soon as i overclock through the bios though balanced stops working and the cores lock at the overclocked speeds even if my pc has been idle for 15 minutes.

im sure i am missing something but any help would be great ty.
Asus board?

I plugged my 1800X into my MSI Tomahawk B350 coupled with Corsair LPX 3200 and my trusty veteran Coolermaster 700W PSU.

Pressed the power button and literally nothing. Not a twitch of a fan or a slightest glow of an LED.

Anyone any ideas? I have literally removed everything other than power (Including CPU, Ram, GPU) to even try to get an error LED and still nothing powers on. The only thing I not had time to do is to build it outside the case to minimise any possible short.

I put my old trusty 2500k back in the case and it work first time so unless there is something about my PSU (only component in common between builds) I am thinking a DOA motherboard?

Just finished the build:
WP_20170308_21_22_59_Pro_zps8watxbh6.jpg

I plugged my 1800X into my MSI Tomahawk B350 coupled with Corsair LPX 3200 and my trusty veteran Coolermaster 700W PSU.

Pressed the power button and literally nothing. Not a twitch of a fan or a slightest glow of an LED.

Anyone any ideas? I have literally removed everything other than power (Including CPU, Ram, GPU) to even try to get an error LED and still nothing powers on. The only thing I not had time to do is to build it outside the case to minimise any possible short.

I put my old trusty 2500k back in the case and it work first time so unless there is something about my PSU (only component in common between builds) I am thinking a DOA motherboard?

Try 1 ram stick?

Hello mans, I'm only planning to order 1700. So I have a question about overclocking of Ryzen CPUs. In case of overclocking we lift up boost frequence? But CPU keeps its ability to lowering freq in lightweight scenario (Cool'n'Quet or how it today names)? BIOS allow this? Am i right?

Back
Top Bottom