• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M seems to have the LED/RGB you want, but I can't recommend its overclocking at all. Basically the moment you set the speed above 3.6, it whams the volts up to 1.40-1.45. This may be ok if you wanted to be super aggressive with the OC anyway, but if you just wanted a cool running 3.8 you're out of luck. Very good cooling required, my 240mm AiO is not up to the job :(

Odd. What BIOS are you running?

I have this board with a 1600 at 3.8 and vcore is (manually) set to 1.284.

That's with the F6 BIOS.

Soldato
Odd. What BIOS are you running?

I have this board with a 1600 at 3.8 and vcore is (manually) set to 1.284.

That's with the F6 BIOS.

Also F6... I have no manual voltage option, only offset, and if I apply a big negative offset it won't boot overclocked :/

I've found a couple of others here and on reddit who share my problem, and I think we all have 1600X's - it's possible that Gigabyte have got some very odd settings for X chips going on :/ If that's the case I'm rather regretting my decision... although to be fair, it runs 3.691 on all cores at around 1.23v, so the difference is negligible, plus it does still XFR boost to 4.1(ish) for single thread. It's not worse than an OC'd 1600, just annoying that I can't even try to overclock it.

Unless there is a magic trick to accessing the underlying voltage settings?

Soldato
Decided to try out the Ryzen 3 for a bit of fun to see what kind of performance I can get from the cheapest Ryzen. So far I have a stable 3.9GHz at 1.275v which sounds quite good.

On stock cooling the temperature maxes out at 65 degrees after 30 minutes of prime95.

Soldato
If that has SMT, then it does sounds pretty good. Probably be close to 2600k @ 4.5 performance with that, and running cooler to boot. Lot of folks still sticking with those old i7 rigs because they're "good enough" :)

Associate
Also F6... I have no manual voltage option, only offset, and if I apply a big negative offset it won't boot overclocked :/

I've found a couple of others here and on reddit who share my problem, and I think we all have 1600X's - it's possible that Gigabyte have got some very odd settings for X chips going on :/ If that's the case I'm rather regretting my decision... although to be fair, it runs 3.691 on all cores at around 1.23v, so the difference is negligible, plus it does still XFR boost to 4.1(ish) for single thread. It's not worse than an OC'd 1600, just annoying that I can't even try to overclock it.

Unless there is a magic trick to accessing the underlying voltage settings?

I only had the offset option as well. Sorry - I meant manual as opposed to auto, not that it could be manually set to a specific voltage :-/

I set it to +0.042 to get it running at 1.284 whilst under load.

It sounds like it’s related to the X chips with this board/BIOS then. Hopefully they’ll sort it out in a future BIOS.

Is that ~3.7/4.1 with the BIOS set to auto?

Soldato
Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M seems to have the LED/RGB you want, but I can't recommend its overclocking at all. Basically the moment you set the speed above 3.6, it whams the volts up to 1.40-1.45. This may be ok if you wanted to be super aggressive with the OC anyway, but if you just wanted a cool running 3.8 you're out of luck. Very good cooling required, my 240mm AiO is not up to the job :(

I was actually looking to get the gigabyte one, I thought it did have an RGB LED header, but it actually doesn't.

Get an Asrock.

Which one?

Does anyone have any more suggestions?

Soldato
I was actually looking to get the gigabyte one, I thought it did have an RGB LED header, but it actually doesn't.

Discovered last night that it doesn't have an RGB led either... some online vendors say it does, but the only "adjustment" in Gigabyte's tool is the pulse frequency. Other than that, it's just a glowing red stripe of red glowyness.

Misinformation abounds on this one :(

Soldato
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 has been great for the build I have been doing.

Unfortunately that's full ATX :(
Discovered last night that it doesn't have an RGB led either... some online vendors say it does, but the only "adjustment" in Gigabyte's tool is the pulse frequency. Other than that, it's just a glowing red stripe of red glowyness.

Misinformation abounds on this one :(
Yeah, when looking at some photos of it, I realised it didn't have a RGB header. When checking the product page it doesn't actually reference any RGB related stuff either.

Soldato
Yeah, when looking at some photos of it, I realised it didn't have a RGB header. When checking the product page it doesn't actually reference any RGB related stuff either.

Doesn't seem to be Gigabyte's fault at least, but there's a lot of mixed statements on vendor pages. Even OCUK says it has rgb headers :S

Back
Top Bottom