• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Best stability tester?

And is voltage reading ok for you in CPU-Z? mine always shows 1.55V

Asus AI Suite shows 1.32V currently

CPU-Z reports the same as Ryzen Master for me.

For stability these days I tend to do a couple of SuperPi 32M runs then just use it. I've had systems that'll do 24 hours in Prime95 that fall over fairly quickly in the real world

Soldato
Wonder why mine read differently...

I am finding currently that realbench stress test is a pretty darn good way of finding out stable settings...

Soldato
Man, am going to have to try later to see if my system can run realbench at stock.

Now at 1.395 to 1.425V under load, trying a 15 minute realbench stress test for 15 min at 16GB, and eventually system always bombs...

that with both LLC sset to high, VRM on extreme

temps get to low 70's

Soldato
Day 2: Long morning spent installing windows and updating all the things. After that I ran Heaven 4.0 and got a lower score than my X4 760K, decided to ignore that and look at something else! :o

Fallout 4 seemed very happy with the new CPU however, and in my test save it was giving much higher numbers (and on near across the board 1440p Ultra settings) than my previous setup, both of which are running on a R9 380X 4gb. Will need to test further.

Did you try the D.O.C.P. mode - it just works with my 2666 Vengance LPX (e.g. it read the XMP profile).

Not the first time around, but I'm not sure if I've tried it with the newer bios yet. Now that I've got Win 10 up and running I'm ready to get stuck in again.

Associate
Day 2: Long morning spent installing windows and updating all the things. After that I ran Heaven 4.0 and got a lower score than my X4 760K, decided to ignore that and look at something else! :o

Fallout 4 seemed very happy with the new CPU however, and in my test save it was giving much higher numbers (and on near across the board 1440p Ultra settings) than my previous setup, both of which are running on a R9 380X 4gb. Will need to test further.

Not the first time around, but I'm not sure if I've tried it with the newer bios yet. Now that I've got Win 10 up and running I'm ready to get stuck in again.
Heaven isn't utilizing the threads only the cores. That's something The Stilt found and other reviewers, wait for windows updates.

OcUK Staff
Wonder why mine read differently...

I am finding currently that realbench stress test is a pretty darn good way of finding out stable settings...

Yeah this is true as it hits all controllers with a variety of tasks..both the bench with infinite runs and the stress test with max mem utilisation.

What board eyetrip??

Soldato
Yeah this is true as it hits all controllers with a variety of tasks..both the bench with infinite runs and the stress test with max mem utilisation.

What board eyetrip??

Asus prime plus B350.

Wanted their X370 Pro, but only had time for build this weekend for the foreseeable future.

I may have to settle for 3.8Ghz :(

OcUK Staff
I did not try that board. TwsT did.... He said to me issues with ocp or similar on vrm causing reboots when overclocking high.

We did suggest in all our advise Gibbo, myself and Twst in general you need a high end board to get the best from these cpu.

Decent mem performance as important as cpu oc for efficiency and ipc.

Soldato
I did not try that board. TwsT did.... He said to me issues with ocp or similar on vrm causing reboots when overclocking high.

We did suggest in all our advise Gibbo, myself and Twst in general you need a high end board to get the best from these cpu.

Decent mem performance as important as cpu oc for efficiency and ipc.

Yeah, I know what you guys were recommending, but there were none to buy... so I got what I could.

I'm sure I can live with 3.8.

Soldato
If your benching heaven disable SMT Intel is also faster on heaven without Ht.

I'm not worried about getting as high a score as possible - I gave up pushing numbers for the sake of it :D

Just want to get things running as fast and stable as possible in a state I will use day to day :)

Associate
J3ZCJ4c.jpg

Experimenting with voltages atm but atm I'm on...

I've been using bargain master @Scramz results as a basis for my attempts, luckily looks like our chips are platter brothers :p

All RAM is at 2666mhz atm, waiting on BIOS updates to push it up to its 3200mhz

Nice! What overclock are you leaving on and how are you setting the volts? Fixed or?

Soldato
Left the bios in default settings, open AMD Ryzen Master and set the voltage and OC in there. It allows the voltage to rise then drops on idle.

Will give that a go.

Currently just trying to get memory at 2666. If I can manage that will go back to the cpu which I have put back on stock for now.

Certainly can't get 2933 on ram.

Associate
Only just had a chance to start playing around due to an epic radiator fail yesterday :(

zix7qo.jpg
15x07k.png

Back
Top Bottom