• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
the only game i have had a problem with the 1700 is DCS 2.0 and 2.5 where i had to lower my overclock from 3.9 to 3.8 (but tbh its ED's fault not the cpus) all other games no problem and happy to run at 3.9 and buttery smooth. Also a quick question, is it safe to use the LLC settings on the Gaming 5 and should i disable C6 mode?

Last edited:
Associate
the only game i have had a problem with the 1700 is DCS 2.0 and 2.5 where i had to lower my overclock from 3.9 to 3.8 (but tbh its ED's fault not the cpus) all other games no problem and happy to run at 3.9 and buttery smooth. Also a quick question, is it safe to use the LLC settings on the Gaming 5 and should i disable C6 mode?

new bios on gaming 5 available f22 version mate, you should be able squeeze more out your 1700 than that i have my 1600 @ 3.9 and 1.3 v

Associate
new bios on gaming 5 available f22 version mate, you should be able squeeze more out your 1700 than that i have my 1600 @ 3.9 and 1.3 v
Thx for the heads up buddy. she now runs DCS world at 3.9 now since i have changed LLC to high. Tbf to the chip it used to run 1.5 at 3.9 really smooth its only since the release of 2.0 and onwards that its struggled because of the massive memory leak in the sim.

Associate
Thx for the heads up buddy. she now runs DCS world at 3.9 now since i have changed LLC to high. Tbf to the chip it used to run 1.5 at 3.9 really smooth its only since the release of 2.0 and onwards that its struggled because of the massive memory leak in the sim.

no worries mate, hope you get sorted, i found on f20 i had to run 3.9 @ 1.35v but with this f22 seems be holding @ 1.3v

Caporegime

1.5 @ 3.9? is that 1.5v? there is a lot of debate of what volts are safe.... don't run Ryzen at 1.5v mate :) that's too high, don't go over 1.425v.

From AMD's Robert Hallock.

https://youtu.be/vZgpHTaQ10k?t=11m54s

Caporegime
It some times goes up 2 seconds a time instead of 12345.......

This during OCCT stress testing?

That sounds like system micro hangs, its normal when tress testing the CPU for the system to freeze a little sometimes, that would cause the timer to skip a bit of time here and there, you needn't worry about that.

Again tho, because it cannot be stressed enough don't run the CPU above 1.425v, if you do it might shorted the life span of the CPU, significantly.

Soldato
Get that clocked as high as you can, even if you have to loosen the timings for best iGPU performance.
I hear you, I have never clocked memory before and don't even know where to start there. I don't even know what the string of timing times on ram even mean... so I am starting from scratch. The ram is hitting 2800Mhz on the XMP profile at 1.25 volts so I am hoping that I can push it up at least a little ways.

Back
Top Bottom