• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Caporegime
Yeah that calculator thing is gash. Every profile I tried with it last night wouldn't even boot. Ram was ok running at 3200 at tight timings but as soon as I put any cpu overclock on it wouldn't boot. Going to give these till the end of the month and if I can't get near 3200 with reasonable timming, then they are getting sold

There isn't a huge difference in performance between 3000Mhz and 3200Mhz, if what you want is 3433Mhz then yes..... but, i would wait until April, you might like the Ryzen 2700 more than Samsung B-Die ram.

Associate
As I have corsair 8 gb x2 LPX 3200, am I likely to hit 3200? If not is one of the new CPU's in April likely to help? Or is it more likely to be the motherboard?

I had no problem hitting 3200 on the LPX ram on my CH6 and 1600, i had that motherboard from around a month release and could run 3200 from the start, although i did leave the timings on auto so they aren't as tight as they should be which im going to start to play with soon. Really wish i bought the B die as back then it was only £30 or so more from Team Skill 3200 C14.

Updated to the latest CH6 bios the other day and started my OC from afresh, still cannot run 4ghz, tried leaving the RAM at default so about 2033 and set the CPU to 1.45v in the BIOS, no joy, froze the system after about 15 seconds of OCCT with AVX, temp was only 50c so didnt even have time to be a heat issue, backed down and best ive had now is 3.85 at 1.41v, at 1.4v running OCCT the system would freeze for 5 seconds or so every minute or so. Temps with that still only max at <70c. With the vdroop it drops to around 1.34v when stressed. Dont know what it dropped to with 4ghz and 1.45v. LLC i have set to auto.

One thing i never could understand in terms of max voltage long term, was the max of 1.425/1.45 after vdroop?

In my case its not worth it aiming for 4ghz but was interested.

I might whip out the multimeter.

Caporegime
I had no problem hitting 3200 on the LPX ram on my CH6 and 1600, i had that motherboard from around a month release and could run 3200 from the start, although i did leave the timings on auto so they aren't as tight as they should be which im going to start to play with soon. Really wish i bought the B die as back then it was only £30 or so more from Team Skill 3200 C14.

Updated to the latest CH6 bios the other day and started my OC from afresh, still cannot run 4ghz, tried leaving the RAM at default so about 2033 and set the CPU to 1.45v in the BIOS, no joy, froze the system after about 15 seconds of OCCT with AVX, temp was only 50c so didnt even have time to be a heat issue, backed down and best ive had now is 3.85 at 1.41v, at 1.4v running OCCT the system would freeze for 5 seconds or so every minute or so. Temps with that still only max at <70c. With the vdroop it drops to around 1.34v when stressed. Dont know what it dropped to with 4ghz and 1.45v. LLC i have set to auto.

One thing i never could understand in terms of max voltage long term, was the max of 1.425/1.45 after vdroop?

In my case its not worth it aiming for 4ghz but was interested.

I might whip out the multimeter.

Absolute maximum for long term: 1.425v, that is the advice from AMD's Robert Hallock.
I presume he is talking about they actual volts when stressed.

Associate
Absolute maximum for long term: 1.425v, that is the advice from AMD's Robert Hallock.
I presume he is talking about they actual volts when stressed.

Thats what i have been trying to workout for a long time, ive seen a number of posts by AMDMatt where he seems to use something like 1.5v which brings it down to abit over 1.4v during stress testing.

Associate
Ordered Ryzen 5 1600 for my next build, should be arriving tomorrow (or Monday).

Was looking at Ryzen 5 2400G build at first, but figured that having more cores would be useful for what I'm going to be using the system for.

Without putting too much effort into overclocking, how high of overclock can I expect to get? 3.6-3.8 GHz range?

Oh also I ordered 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM (2x4GB), if that helps with the question.

Caporegime
Ordered Ryzen 5 1600 for my next build, should be arriving tomorrow (or Monday).

Was looking at Ryzen 5 2400G build at first, but figured that having more cores would be useful for what I'm going to be using the system for.

Without putting too much effort into overclocking, how high of overclock can I expect to get? 3.6-3.8 GHz range?

Oh also I ordered 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM (2x4GB), if that helps with the question.

3.8Ghz should be easy.

You do know the 1600 has no integrated graphics? you will need a separate GPU.

Associate
Seems like 3.95 is where it's at for my 1700 whilst keeping vcore under 1.425 with llc on medium. Any higher and the vcore goes to 1.43 under load no matter what settings I use. Was thinking about going to ryzen 2 but now I have the new ram in I think I will hang on to her. Will post screen shot after this 2hr run of realbench. 3.95 @ 1.393 in bios and 1.416 under heavy load with llc on medium if ive read it right :). it passed 2 hours
qngt2kx.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom