• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted. Proper fullscreen is better than windowed for both sheer FPS and frame times for every game I've tried and it's more likely to work correctly with FreeSync too. The only real downside is slower alt-tabs.

Associate
Thanks for the info and input guys.
Mystery is solved.

BF1 was running in full-screen but windowed border-less mode. (as it was on my old monitor with no problems but 60hz is easy sauce I guess, or GSync does'nt like windowed mode?)

29pb0g4.jpg

Changing to full screen released the beast. (silly obvious over sight)
Anyway, as you can see, 120fps hit, easily.
Can even knock the details up abit, till the 980ti hits it's cap.

There's an option to set G-sync to both fullscreen and windowed mode. Incase you missed that option.

Associate
There's an option to set G-sync to both fullscreen and windowed mode. Incase you missed that option.
Does this feature exist for freesync? I tried looking but was struggling and it’s really hampering my performance in bfa since full screen option was completely removed (thanks dx12)

Also just ordered me the 2700x bundle to replace my 4690k! Price and free ssd seemed decent. So long Intel it was fun.

Associate
Does this feature exist for freesync? I tried looking but was struggling and it’s really hampering my performance in bfa since full screen option was completely removed (thanks dx12)

Also just ordered me the 2700x bundle to replace my 4690k! Price and free ssd seemed decent. So long Intel it was fun.

I couldn't tell you as I've never used Freesync before. But the situation with Nvida pricing is making me think I might in the future.

Took a quick look on google while posting this. And it does seem that it is supported. But it's buggy at times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6a5qyq/does_borderless_windowed_mode_now_support_freesync/

Soldato
I have G-Skill Ripjaw V 3400mhz c16 running at 3200mhz np on my 1700 CH6 setup. I could probably do with tightening the timing too, but they have been flawless for me.

Soldato
Yep. I can't run my 8 Pack ram at anything over 3133MHz.

Yesterday a new bios was finally released for the Prime x370 Prime. The most notable feature being a new DOCP option called standard. Doing a little reading it seemed it would settle ram to the best divider closest to the rated DOCP that the motherboard could do.

Alas no change for me. After about 30 mins I started getting lockups in game. So back to 3133MHz.

Soldato

Yesterday a new bios was finally released for the Prime x370 Prime. The most notable feature being a new DOCP option called standard. Doing a little reading it seemed it would settle ram to the best divider closest to the rated DOCP that the motherboard could do.

Alas no change for me. After about 30 mins I started getting lockups in game. So back to 3133MHz.
I'm still waiting on my x470 ultra gaming bios update its been far too long... i can put to 3066 but i get errors after a while when its heated up.

Soldato

Pretty sure I set DOCP standard, then ram frequency to 3333MHz. The CAS timings are then automatic.

Soldato
My ram will not do anything over 3133MHz. Why if I set it to 3200MHz and it crashes would it be any more stable at 3333MHz?[

It may be a feature of the C6H bios. I attach a screenie of the bios below. Selecting Standard DOCP gives the second dropdown of speed / CAS selection, then the lower box allows a seperate frequency selection at the selected CAS timings.

EDIT: I was not suggesting that 3333 may be more suitable than 3200, sorry

wfxQ8pd.jpg

Soldato
It may be a feature of the C6H bios. I attach a screenie of the bios below. Selecting Standard DOCP gives the second dropdown of speed / CAS selection, then the lower box allows a seperate frequency selection at the selected CAS timings.

EDIT: I was not suggesting that 3333 may be more suitable than 3200, sorry

wfxQ8pd.jpg

OK. Not to worry. A misunderstanding. :p

Back
Top Bottom