• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
try adding DRAM boot voltage under digi+. It's a mixture of things. The platform and DDR4 is a lot more susceptible to drift

I've had the boot voltage set to the same as running voltage since day one. Doesn't seem to make a difference for me. 3200 is stable as a house.
Just had 3600 booting fine but wasn't stable.
Using 1.2 soc 1.5 dram and boot ram. 1.9 PLL.
Kit is rated for 4233 so it's not that. Relaxing the timings beyond 16-16-16-36 isn't something I want to do as the benches I did run didn't show much or if any improvement over 3200 CL14

Soldato
I've had the boot voltage set to the same as running voltage since day one. Doesn't seem to make a difference for me. 3200 is stable as a house.
Just had 3600 booting fine but wasn't stable.
Using 1.2 soc 1.5 dram and boot ram. 1.9 PLL.
Kit is rated for 4233 so it's not that. Relaxing the timings beyond 16-16-16-36 isn't something I want to do as the benches I did run didn't show much or if any improvement over 3200 CL14

The idea of boot voltage is to increase it to pass POST stress tests, not run it the same. Reducing the timings further will require tuning more obscure settings. Try raising the termination voltage. Although 3500 at CAS16 is ok on this platform

Soldato
3500 CAS16 fully stable but not fully bootable no matter what I try. Rebooting seems ok but cold but is not.
Then the board went into a spaz and wouldn't boot at my known good settings that I've been using for months.
Clear CMOS, load OC from usb = Code 8
Holding power button for 5 secs did nothing, neither did reset CMOS on I/O
This continued over and over in a never ending loop.

Eventually I loaded up defaults, let it boot into windows then restarted applied my OC from usb and it went away happily.
Whilst I'd like faster memory speeds, it isn't worth the hassle at this point. Hopefully more memory dividers will come.

The differences I observed whilst I was at 3500 CL16 were minimal in the AIDA64 benchmark and only 50 points more in firestrike. Cinebench showed no difference.

Soldato
Yeah, I think it's just time wasted trying to get things high on this platform right now. I'd recommend just finding something decent and waiting a while for updates and actually enjoy using it.

Had an OK day on mine today.

Quick go at premier, some photo editing in lightroom, actually finished cod ghosts (and only after realising I was still on default Windows driver for gpu), some battling with my USB WiFi dangle, and even started a new game!

Soldato
Yeah, I think it's just time wasted trying to get things high on this platform right now. I'd recommend just finding something decent and waiting a while for updates and actually enjoy using it.

Had an OK day on mine today.

Quick go at premier, some photo editing in lightroom, actually finished cod ghosts (and only after realising I was still on default Windows driver for gpu), some battling with my USB WiFi dangle, and even started a new game!

Given up on messing around for a bit now. 3800/3200 is fine for me until we can get more stability.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, whats your cinebench score at that without any bias enabled?

I tend to hit around 1730.

I imagine we are probably within spitting distance of each other with me at 4000/3000

Soldato
Out of curiosity, whats your cinebench score at that without any bias enabled?

I tend to hit around 1730.

I imagine we are probably within spitting distance of each other with me at 4000/3000

Let me reboot and I'll let you know :)
BIOS flashback works a treat. I've gone back to 0081 as 1007 was giving me boot problems. Something which I have never had a problem with before now.

*Without performance bias I hit 1730 @ 3.8. One thing I discovered was that from 3200-3600 my cinebench score increased by a measly 23 points.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, I'm just sticking with stock for now.

My 4ghz/3ghz runs fine. Stress it, play games, etc etc.

Then one day restart, run something and notice its slow... Pstates have decided to reset on some particular reboot.

******* tired of this fiddling ********.

Soldato
Believe me I've wanted to smash this up a wall today.
Out of nowhere code 8 errors upon trying to load windows. All startup checks pass fine I get to code 24 wait 3 seconds and bam, code 8. Running GPU at PCI-e GEN2 sorts it but WTF is going on?
I've used bios flashback and all that jazz. The only way I can reliably boot at GEN3 is running at stock CPU and RAM.
Getting on my ******* nerves now.

Associate
Ok, I'm just sticking with stock for now.

My 4ghz/3ghz runs fine. Stress it, play games, etc etc.

Then one day restart, run something and notice its slow... Pstates have decided to reset on some particular reboot.

******* tired of this fiddling ********.

Believe me I've wanted to smash this up a wall today.
Out of nowhere code 8 errors upon trying to load windows. All startup checks pass fine I get to code 24 wait 3 seconds and bam, code 8. Running GPU at PCI-e GEN2 sorts it but WTF is going on?
I've used bios flashback and all that jazz. The only way I can reliably boot at GEN3 is running at stock CPU and RAM.
Getting on my ******* nerves now.

Both must be suffering from poor bios'. Like @opethdisciple said maybe wait till a few more updates are released. You are both on the Asus boards too, MSI has been running perfect for me with issues what so ever.

Soldato
Both must be suffering from poor bios'. Like @opethdisciple said maybe wait till a few more updates are released. You are both on the Asus boards too, MSI has been running perfect for me with issues what so ever.

If I had the time, I'd throw this into the MSI board and try that. I've just tried my son's 970 in here and code 8 as I hit windows. Setting GEN2 or even GEN1 now cant give me a consistent boot. Annoying as hell as this has been stable for days.
I fear this 1107 is a little "dodgy" another user on OCN has posted an issue very similar to mine. FML.

Associate
It is odd reading all this, as to date there have been no boot problems at all with my 4.015Ghz overclock (BCLK 110, RAM at 2933Mhz) cold boots are all fine. This on the Crosshair VI Hero, with bios 082.

No crashes in Windows during daily use either, all has been smooth.

Ok, I lie, there was just one single boot problem in the last month. But given there was only that one incident, I don't know what to attribute that to..

Back
Top Bottom