• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Caporegime
Aura for most just drops without notice and becomes completely not functional. But since you managed to set it.once and have not messed with it and have a simpler setup than most... You managed. Hopefully you can keep it up without having to mess with it again.

Regarding the pcie lanes..

If you're using Samsung drive you can check the pcie lane speed in the Samsung's Magician software.

Most if not all of the Zenith owners cannot get the bios setting to stick to 8x. You configure it to be 8x it reboots and again 4x.

This has impact in the max output you can have your ssds achieve, this issue is covered and reported here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96929-Samsung-960-pro-M-2-DiMM-2
I don't think i have that issue judging by the scores i am getting.

NSjfsWz.jpg

Associate
4x is the appropriate number of lanes for an nvme drive, so are you sure Samsung software is not reporting 4x per drive?

If you halve Matts read speed that is what you should see from a high end NVMe (his is double because of Raid0 )

Edit- read the thread you linked and see people are seeing half the rate, sorry.

Caporegime
Interesting... Looks good on your side indeed!

Can you check that particular setting in the UEFI/Samsung software?

Your board is REV 1.01, correct?

Thx
Samsung Magician does not detect my drives as they are in a Raid 0 array. Is there another way to check?

As far as i am aware, yes its the first revision board.

Associate
Does the board need to be set to something like 4/4 or have an option for PCIe bifurcation, for example on my board I can put 4 NVMe into a PCIe card but have to set the slot to be 4/4/4/4, it is called something like PCIe lane bifurcation?

Soldato
New bios out for the Asus Prime X399-A. I know people say don't upgrade unless you have issues but the release comes with a mention of "improve system performance". That's me sold on trying it :D

Soldato
Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong, I have just got my 1920x and I can’t get it stable even at 3.8 1.35v and 1.25soc volts, it gets up to 68c even at stock on my custom loop, any advice would be great

Soldato
Any TR folks with Sammy 960 Pro drives having performance issues? Since the 3B6 firmware that had a serious problem for some owners with freezing, mine has been okay but I've noticed the Random IOPS reported by Magician are way down on what they originally were. Anyone else noticed this? Random IOPS read and write are both < 65,000 where they were 300,000+ originally.
Motherboard is Asus x399-A.
Here's a screenshot, latest 4B6 firmware and Magician 5.2
UPDATE: Managed to resolve this. Made quite a few changes but think setting back to AMD Optimised power settings resolved it. Also reinstalled the chipset drivers but suspect it was the power settings change.

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong, I have just got my 1920x and I can’t get it stable even at 3.8 1.35v and 1.25soc volts, it gets up to 68c even at stock on my custom loop, any advice would be great

Run it stock and get your system memory stable before playing with anything else, try a faster pump speed perhaps, the block might need better flow rate.

Soldato
NVME raid in the latest Asus X399-A bios (0503) for those who have the board and interested. I remember a few doubting if it would be added, I think.
Have tested this on mine - one thing to be aware of - you seem to be forced to destroy all existing arrays before you can start to use NVME RAID. Looking through some of the other stuff in the BIOS I think the board should definately work with that ASUS Hyper M2 (4xM2) card now.

Caporegime
I don't think i have that issue judging by the scores i am getting.

NSjfsWz.jpg

Zenith Bios 0901 (Agesa 1.0.0.4)
Raid 0 2x Samsung 960 Pro
AMD Raid Driver 9.02.00.023
AMD Chipset 18.10b

H9Lq6x9.png

THe new bios for the Zenith featuring Agesa 1.0.0.5 (can't remember the exact version but it was the second version to fix bugs in the first version) performed really badly for me in games, giving stuttering where there was none before.

I also noticed the recent Windows 10 updates knocked 1500MB off the read speed of my Raid setup so i removed those. Took a few hours of troubleshooting and changing Bios, services and settings before i narrowed down the cause of the performance drop.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
At least you got an update -= Gigabyte X399 is still on Agesa 1.0.0.3 :(

Back
Top Bottom