** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

Owen's goal was class! Another nice finish by Hernandez, it's hard to stay grounded but he is looking quite a purchase :)

Will have a look for some videos of the game once they're up.

A fit selection of Rooney, Berbatov, Owen and Hernandez could be lethal next season. Still need some sort of creativity in the middle though.

Despite the obvious lack of opposition, that was a decent performance with some good displays. Smalling looked composed and settled on the ball, perhaps the initial nerves have gone. Theres still a lot of work to be done with his defending but it's a start.
As for chicharito..I'm really trying to not get my hopes up but he keeps playing so well :o
Very impressive.
I also was surprised by how quickly Valencia found his form again after his injury. He really is a joy to watch and someone many, many players could learn a lot from. Because despite being of perhaps slightly limited ability (compared at least to the likes of Nani/Ronaldo etc) he keeps things so simple and is so consistent. He's happy to do the basics and to just concentrate on doing them well.

Max season ticket price doesn't really mean a great deal, I mean you could have some premium seats costing 10 grand each, it doesn't mean to say that all seats cost that much.

Wigan charge so little because football isn't the #1 sport there and they struggle to fill their stadium, it's pretty much common sense. Whereas only a couple of league games in the history of the Emirates stadium have not sold out, if anything tickets are too cheap at Arsenal.

Max season ticket price doesn't really mean a great deal, I mean you could have some premium seats costing 10 grand each, it doesn't mean to say that all seats cost that much.

Wigan charge so little because football isn't the #1 sport there and they struggle to fill their stadium, it's pretty much common sense. Whereas only a couple of league games in the history of the Emirates stadium have not sold out, if anything tickets are too cheap at Arsenal.

Rofl, yes becaue a town of 100,000 population (dealing with Rugby league as wekk) compared to Islington which is 175,000 then you have the rest of London. Considering Wigan played in front of 3000 people 11 years ago, Too cheap, well it would be in London!

Out of all the fans in the prem, Arsenal and Chelsea are the worst followed by Man United.

I did enjoy going to Highbury and knocking you out of the carling cup.

Fans travel from all over to watch their team play.

The top teams in England will attract fans from all corners of the country.

Wigan haven't got the same history or reputation that Arsenal have for example, don't play football as well as Arsenal do, you don't get a full stadium from just being in a well populated area (Newcastle are the exception :p)

explain please.

Went to Arsenal and got abused by the clock stand silver spoons was disgusting what they did . Never seen anything like it from a club that is suppose to be fair, it was like being back in the lower leagues, once out of the ground it was like being with people that didn't want to know, walked up the hill and met no resistance, was an amazing day considering we missed the first half due to getting lost, some helpful people in London even the stewards that let us in after half time.

Ever time we beat you its good, the game at the DW last season, proves football is a funny old game.

Experience and a half. Must at admit Highbury was a tidy ground and never got a pint in but walking up the steps to 36k and seeing/hearing the teams playing is a sight I will never forget.

Chelsea lads thought they were something, took over a crap pub near the ground, acting big which Wigan won 3-1 and United well, they rushed the turnstiles, all to see their team win the prem title in 09 considering it was mostly Wiganers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom