*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
3 nights in a row where the bedroom has glowed green from this muting issue. I see others have it on Reddit. This experience from Sonos is unacceptable.

Seen a few posts about this on another forum, not noticed it myself, touch wood.

Quality control on the testing software releases front has been pretty **** for a while from Sonos.

Soldato
The really annoying thing is, we have to suffer this so they can sell headphones in a crowded space. I can't imagine people are queuing up to replace their Sony, Bose or Apple premium headphones with Sonos that don't even stream directly from wifi. Those who made this decision have messed up massively.

Soldato
Glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this sudden muting issue.

The app is terrible. 80% of the time when I open it on my Pixel 7, it says it can't find my system. I basically have to then go to recent apps to force close the app. The app then finds my Sonos Beam when I open it.

Caporegime
Glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this sudden muting issue.

The app is terrible. 80% of the time when I open it on my Pixel 7, it says it can't find my system. I basically have to then go to recent apps to force close the app. The app then finds my Sonos Beam when I open it.
Same, absolute garbage.

Man of Honour
It's ridiculous. I'm looking into alternate systems already. I think I mentioned already but I'll likely keep the TV stuff as that works very well without requiring the app (Arc, surrounds, sub), but the port and other speakers are on the chopping board.

I'm thinking Naim Uniti Star to replace my Roksan K3/Roksan CD player/Sonos Port setup. Then HomePods where we have Sonos speakers. The only thing I can't work out is the Roam and Move as we do use them often in the garden or the boys bathtime but I think they support AirPlay 2 (like the Naim Uniti), the idea is just to use Apple Music or whatever app to directly stream. Just a shame that we would miss out on the 'controller' aspect, ie, the wife can't start music on her phone then leave the house like she can with Sonos.

Soldato
I've worked out the muting issue is related to inactive time. So if you turn your volume up before bed, you don't get woken up by the green glow.

Man of Honour
I finally managed to get mine working again. I was using a different folder than "My Music" as the storage folder, so I tried setting all the permissions and sharing in My Music, then adding that to the Sonos controller - which worked. I then deleted the original folder, but I wanted to use that instead of My Music. When I created a new folder with that name ("MP3_Music") Sonos refused to connect saying it could not connect to a share (same error 913) - but referenced a different share name I had experimented with a couple of weeks ago and thought I got rid of. Purged the registry and got rid of everything involving the old folder and any share etc names I could remember trying. Still getting a 913 when I create the new folder. So had to re-scan the entire (8000 tracks) library once I'd copied it to My Music. Luckily the playlists still seem to work once they'd figured out the new location.

Probably still going to get a Yamaha box though.

Back
Top Bottom