*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Tonnes fair Alexa would be pretty smart - would solve the problem of them not having access to my data. I won't buy Echo because I don't want more 'things' in my lounge. If they want my data, support Sonos and they can have it.

Man of Honour
I'm after it as I fancy doing my house up with Hue, to be able to turn lights on and off with dimming and also start music would be epic. I'd feel like I was in 2045.

Soldato
Out of interest why do you want native Apple music app support? I tried it in the BETA with Spotify and now that it's out and I still use the SONOS app.

Well from what Ive read on forums everyone was pleased to be able to finally play music directly form the spotify app. Having not got Spotify I would not know if its better or not, but I personally do not like the Sonos app for searching music so would prefer to play directly form apple music.

Why do you prefer the Sonos app?

Soldato
Well from what Ive read on forums everyone was pleased to be able to finally play music directly form the spotify app. Having not got Spotify I would not know if its better or not, but I personally do not like the Sonos app for searching music so would prefer to play directly form apple music.

Why do you prefer the Sonos app?

I tend to listen to playlists I have made so I don't tend to search for music.

Associate
Had email through from SONOS a few weeks back about the tune up function that can be used on teh sound bar. Great me thinks. All up to the point where I find out it is limited to use on the Apple version of the controller only.

Now....my tweaky playful side is thinking....does the controller for the OS X Mac work with this tune up function and if so, could I dual boot my laptop and run it from there?

Also, doea anyone actually use it and if so, what are thoughts on it? Any good? Waster of time?

Associate
Minstadave;30481823 said:
It's very good and no I don't think it works with OSX.

You only need to do it once so can just borrow an iOS device to do it briefly.

Cheers for the update...will stop looking at ways to dual boot my laptop now. Now for the borrowing of an iOS device......did originally try my iPod that sits on my bedside stereo...but that is way too old to run the correct version of iOS.

Have some friedns coming on saturday and think one of them uses an iPhone so will try and get it sorted then.

Associate
I've currently got two Play 1s, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. I'm thinking of picking up a play 3 for the living room and moving a 1 upstairs.

I'm seeing mixed reviews of the 3 online suggesting its pointless compared to the cost of the 1 or performance of the 5.

Anyone got a mixture that could comment?

Soldato
a1ex2001;30498023 said:
WOW the Connect:AMP price is crazy, they have always been bonkers but £499 is massively over the top and I really wanted one for my bathroom refresh!

Best get one ordered! Currently about £385.

Back
Top Bottom