*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
1 x Play 1 and 5 here,

I'd love to see a portable speaker like the play1 for for bathrooms etc, something that can be taken around and can take a splash or humidity.

Really want sonos in the bathroom for our 2 bed flat, problem is obviously retrofitting speakers into the ceiling isnt exactly easier and where would I put the amp, in the space between plasterboard and beam floor above?

Soldato
1 x Play 1 and 5 here,

I'd love to see a portable speaker like the play1 for for bathrooms etc, something that can be taken around and can take a splash or humidity.

Really want sonos in the bathroom for our 2 bed flat, problem is obviously retrofitting speakers into the ceiling isnt exactly easier and where would I put the amp, in the space between plasterboard and beam floor above?

Play 1 with wall bracket is fine for a bathroom install.

Associate
Play 1 is humidity resistant and is suitable for bathroom use.

Oooh I did not know this, very intriguing!

But as building regs go, i suppose it's impossible to have one mounted up in a corner, with a cable being routed out of the room through the wall into a hallway, which is then connected to an on/off type wall socket?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Love my 2 x Play 1's - I moved one from the lounge into the bedroom, but after unpairing them realised how much better they sound paired as L&R versus just solo, moved them back and re-paired them.

I very much intend to buy more, I sorely wanted the playbar but it's got too few features/connectivity for me and fear now the playbase is out that it won't be getting a refresh anytime soon.

Caporegime
Love my 2 x Play 1's - I moved one from the lounge into the bedroom, but after unpairing them realised how much better they sound paired as L&R versus just solo, moved them back and re-paired them.

I very much intend to buy more, I sorely wanted the playbar but it's got too few features/connectivity for me and fear now the playbase is out that it won't be getting a refresh anytime soon.

Given the just released Playbase has no extra features I don't think we'll see the playbar significantly updated anytime soon.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
To be fair, I could have phrased it better!

I am curious as to why the Playbase is so severely lacking. I appreciate it's simple to setup, but why so restricted I've no idea.

Associate
I've never owned a Sonos product before, but I'm tempted to get a playbase to complement a new 4K tv. I currently have a 3.1 setup including a older Onkyo sub/amp.

What's the consensus with the playbase here?

Caporegime
I've never owned a Sonos product before, but I'm tempted to get a playbase to complement a new 4K tv. I currently have a 3.1 setup including a older Onkyo sub/amp.

What's the consensus with the playbase here?

Unless you're planning a multi room setup down the line I personally wouldn't touch a playbase. Very under-specified for such an expensive bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom