*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Conflicted between getting the Playbar or Playbase, with the anniversary discount its £506 vs £553 for the Bar/Base respectively. Which one have people gone for?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
This conflicts with me; I want more while they dangle the 15% discount but even with that after the massive price hikes a few months back it annoys me to think I'll still be paying quite a chunk more than I paid without a discount.

I need to downsize on my TV setup as it happens and a Playbar is on the cards.

Conflicted between getting the Playbar or Playbase, with the anniversary discount its £506 vs £553 for the Bar/Base respectively. Which one have people gone for?

Where are you getting those prices from? The playbase is £699 so with 15% off it's £594 is it not?

Soldato
Soldato
Do Sonos discounts come around relatively frequently, in different guises? I want to drop c£2k on a full setup and can't believe I've just missed out on 15% off by a matter of hours... should have read this thread last night.

:mad:

Soldato
I'm such an idiot... I mean, it's not like I have to order them now, but at 15% off I'd take a load of stuff!

Perhaps I should send Sonos a begging message and see what they say. :D

Soldato
Okay, begging message sent. We shall see what happens there.

What is the general consensus on room size/shape and suitability for the 1, 3 or 5? I'm thinking the 5 is overkill for all but the larges rooms?

Caporegime
The 5 will fill a large room easily. The 3 generally seems to be considered a bit of a lame duck in the range. The 1 being the most versatile.

Currently have two Play:5s (one gen 1, the other a 2) and a Play:1, and I ordered two more Play:1s yesterday with a 20% off voucher that randomly appeared. One is going to be used in our bedroom (4x3.5m) and the other in one of the bathrooms.

Was tempted by a 3 but as mentioned above it seems to be the general recommendation to just get a 1, with a second 1 if it's not powerful enough.

Back
Top Bottom