*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Do we reckon the Play 1 will reduce much in price? I want a few more but considering I bought all of mine for £150, I'm loathe to spend much more than that. I don't want the Sonos One. I've only got a tado which is compatible with Alexa and I can just do that through siri on my watch.

Caporegime
Do we reckon the Play 1 will reduce much in price? I want a few more but considering I bought all of mine for £150, I'm loathe to spend much more than that. I don't want the Sonos One. I've only got a tado which is compatible with Alexa and I can just do that through siri on my watch.

Offers come and go but they’re infrequent. Keep an eye on HUKD but it could be several months between deals.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Cheers mate. I'm not tight by any stretch but seeing as I'm not in a rush may as well save a few pennies. I don't even really 'need' them I just want them. Kitchen already has a radio, lounge has two, I would like one for the back bedroom though and perhaps the main bedroom. So maybe two more.

Associate
Getting fed up of my sonos speakers now. They constantly skip towards the end of every song I try to play :/

Soldato
Getting fed up of my sonos speakers now. They constantly skip towards the end of every song I try to play :/

Are they all wireless or some wired?

Have you tried playing a song that skips on a speaker on your PC, if its OK and the SONOS is wireless, try with it hardwired and see if it still skips.

Associate
Are they all wireless or some wired?

Have you tried playing a song that skips on a speaker on your PC, if its OK and the SONOS is wireless, try with it hardwired and see if it still skips.

My play 3 is hardwired into the router in the living room. My play 1 is upstairs and wireless. They were working perfectly fine for months. Then all of a sudden every song on every album skips towards the end.

Caporegime
My play 3 is hardwired into the router in the living room. My play 1 is upstairs and wireless. They were working perfectly fine for months. Then all of a sudden every song on every album skips towards the end.

Have you contacted Sonos support, they’re really good and can remotely access your setup to see what’s going on?

Soldato
I just realised that I can control the volume to my TV Sonos setup using the Digital Crown on my Apple Watch without having to find the remote, pretty cool! :D

Man of Honour
Noticed a buzzing sound in my bedroom for the past few nights. After a little look, I realised it was the Playbar. Tried a factory reset and some other online suggestions to no avail so I contacted Sonos. They've agreed to replace it without quibble. :)

Soldato
Noticed a buzzing sound in my bedroom for the past few nights. After a little look, I realised it was the Playbar. Tried a factory reset and some other online suggestions to no avail so I contacted Sonos. They've agreed to replace it without quibble. :)

Backup from sonos is amazing. I had an amp die on me 3 yts out of warranty and they sent me a new one for a very very reasonable cost

Man of Honour
Backup from sonos is amazing. I had an amp die on me 3 yts out of warranty and they sent me a new one for a very very reasonable cost
Well they wan £199 as it's out of warranty. I've sent an email to John Lewis but I have no idea when I bought it or where the receipt is.

Soldato
Well they wan £199 as it's out of warranty. I've sent an email to John Lewis but I have no idea when I bought it or where the receipt is.

Considering the retail of a soundbar thats not bad.

Its a shame everything seems to be throw away nowadays as £199 would get a lot of repair done.

Man of Honour
John Lewis just called me, they said the guarantee with them is two years, it was bought in September 2015. They can't do it for free, but said if I go ahead with the RMA replacement with Sonos then they'll refund me 50%. Happy with that. :)

Man of Honour
Well that's £1398 that's been taken by Sonos. :(

I went for the advance option to give me time to box up the old unit and it showed payment failed, it failed again. Well, it seems both have gone through, not a happy Chappy.

Associate
So having had a couple of weeks to try and use the One, we've decided to send the One back and go for the HomePod instead.

We now have a better idea of what we're wanting for the house and while the One was a really nice speaker, I think the £150 extra to have everything under one ecosystem in our house was the deciding factor.

And I think the HomePod could be a one and done thing for us as opposed to having speakers potentially everywhere around the house.

I don't have anything negative to say about Sonos though - the delivery of the One was early and in the time that we used it, the One sounded really good. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom