*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
I've got a Beam, One (gen1) and One SL. If the One SL connects to my router over 5Ghz then the app loses visibility of it as the Beam and One connect over 2.4Ghz. Restarting the router normally sorts it but really I should just setup a separate 2.4Ghz only network.

Man of Honour
If I have a separate network for the Sonos and I use my original network on my Phone, Mac etc, will I be able to see the Sonos speakers or do the players have to be on the same network as them?

Associate
If I have a separate network for the Sonos and I use my original network on my Phone, Mac etc, will I be able to see the Sonos speakers or do the players have to be on the same network as them?

So my Arc is hardwired, but I also then enabled Sonosnet on it, and enabled wifi on the arc. The rest of the speakers then connect through the Arc on Sonosnet and from the routers POV are all hard wired.

Soldato
This is common with most "IOT" devices, Ring, Sonos etc so those mixed 2.4/5ghz networks cause all sorts of problems. Separating them out is the way to go.

Yeah, it's a bit of a ball ache. I run a seperate 2.4GHz IoT network in addition to the seperate 2.4GHz Sonos network so things at my place work great. My in laws are having all sorts of fun and games with some IoT stuff that doesn't like their combined network. Once the Covid rules allow it I'll setup a spare Ubiquiti AP for them and that should make them happy.

Man of Honour
Yeah I think I will setup separate networks and put all of the Sonos, Ring etc devices on it. I also had an issue with Chromecast over the weekend when trying to use it to cast Oculus Quest to my TV.

So my Arc is hardwired, but I also then enabled Sonosnet on it, and enabled wifi on the arc. The rest of the speakers then connect through the Arc on Sonosnet and from the routers POV are all hard wired.
Actually I have the same setup, my Sonos Port is hardwired to my TV cabinet switch. The only issues I have are with the Roam and Move so I'll switch them over.

I've created a 2G only network and moved the Sonos system over to it and so far my Roam and Move have remained connected overnight which hasn't happened for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Hi all. I’ve been looking at a Sonos system for my new place and I’m pretty much decided on getting the full setup - Arc, sub and 2x SL. I’ve had a search around and can see Sonos offer a 15% blue light discount but the full set is OOS. Is that the best value for money in terms of buying the full set or are there other deals to be had elsewhere when getting a set in one go? Thanks in advance.

Caporegime
Hi all. I’ve been looking at a Sonos system for my new place and I’m pretty much decided on getting the full setup - Arc, sub and 2x SL. I’ve had a search around and can see Sonos offer a 15% blue light discount but the full set is OOS. Is that the best value for money in terms of buying the full set or are there other deals to be had elsewhere when getting a set in one go? Thanks in advance.

Best discount is the 30% you get with old Sonos gear that has been EoL. Should be able to find an old Play 5 or Connect with the voucher unused.

Associate
Best discount is the 30% you get with old Sonos gear that has been EoL. Should be able to find an old Play 5 or Connect with the voucher unused.

Thanks, will look into it. A local CEX has a Connect ZP90 - wonder if it’s unused in terms of the voucher!

I can see that the full surround set is OOS on Sonos website (due to the Sub being OOS I imagine), however, if I do a store search it says my local Richer Sounds is an ‘Upgrade Partner’, I wonder if that means they would honour a 30% discount on the set if I got a legacy product.

Associate
Thanks, will look into it. A local CEX has a Connect ZP90 - wonder if it’s unused in terms of the voucher!

I can see that the full surround set is OOS on Sonos website (due to the Sub being OOS I imagine), however, if I do a store search it says my local Richer Sounds is an ‘Upgrade Partner’, I wonder if that means they would honour a 30% discount on the set if I got a legacy product.

They should do yes, I got an Arc, 2 Beam’s and a Sub using that method!

Associate
How do Richer Sounds confirm your device is eligible for a discount then?

I've used the discount through Sonos before and kept my gear.

Can confirm it’s the serial number they keyed in when putting through the order - although I did take a punt on a Connect from CEX as I had absolutely no way of knowing if it had already been used in the upgrade programme - worked out this time though!

Back
Top Bottom