*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Picked up my Roam today from Richer Sounds.

First impressions are it's smaller than I expected but the sound is fantastic, it's well built and so far seems to work well with no issues found yet. I don't have much that size/type to compare it to other than it sounds better than an Amazon Echo.

ut47mAbl.jpg
Cw4k1g4l.jpg

Man of Honour
My Move is now dropping off the Sonos system every few hours and I have to do the bluetooth input trick to get it back. I'm going to ask Sonos to escalate my case as it's really ******* annoying when I'm trying to chill out in the garden.

Looking forward to all the Roam impressions. Rather tempted myself
I'll be able to tell you next Friday, until then it's staying in its box.

Associate
Picked up my Roam today from Richer Sounds.

First impressions are it's smaller than I expected but the sound is fantastic, it's well built and so far seems to work well with no issues found yet. I don't have much that size/type to compare it to other than it sounds better than an Amazon Echo.

Will probably buy one of these once they start accepting discount codes. Suspect it will be okay for our needs of entertaining in our small/medium garden and maybe providing some music in the kitchen/other rooms. Hopefully it's 3-4 times better than an Echo though, otherwise we'll get a Move instead.

Soldato
Roam arrived today - seems decent enough, certainly not going to set the world alight, but reasonable sound. I'd say the BOSE SoundLink was better generally but it's nice to have this as it links to the rest of the system. Like the SoundLink, the surface you put it on makes quite a difference.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Just received mine, as above, seems decent enough. The simplicity of set up is something to be admired. Switched on, opened the app and it was added to my setup. I needed a portable speaker at some point and wanted something that would happily sit on my desk while working without having to wear headphones, so it serves two purposes for me.

Soldato
Having a lot of issues with the app recently. For ages it would have an issue every now and again the iOS app would just refuse to detect the speakers.

Started connecting the Arc through Ethernet which seemed to have solved it for a while but today it randomly stopped connecting to my system again. Has happened on both my and my partners iPhones but on the latest version of iOS.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Having a lot of issues with the app recently. For ages it would have an issue every now and again the iOS app would just refuse to detect the speakers.

Started connecting the Arc through Ethernet which seemed to have solved it for a while but today it randomly stopped connecting to my system again. Has happened on both my and my partners iPhones but on the latest version of iOS.

Any ideas?

Did it just say something like RoomName Beam (+?,+?,+?) at all? I had that happen out of the blue this Sunday whilst playing BF5 so noticed immediately. Put the Sub into ethernet which was right next to it and it started working again. Search on internet said it’s down to assigning IP addresses and with the number of wireless devices (80 odd wired and wireless on my LAN) I wondered if I had hit a max devices limit on the WIFI. Will take a proper look over this weekend.

Soldato
Did it just say something like RoomName Beam (+?,+?,+?) at all? I had that happen out of the blue this Sunday whilst playing BF5 so noticed immediately. Put the Sub into ethernet which was right next to it and it started working again. Search on internet said it’s down to assigning IP addresses and with the number of wireless devices (80 odd wired and wireless on my LAN) I wondered if I had hit a max devices limit on the WIFI. Will take a proper look over this weekend.

My issue was actually quite straight forward and I wished I had just checked before moaning on here.

my homeplug seemed to loose connection. Restarted those and it picked up right away oops.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I have similar, things will work for a while then the app on iOS just stops connecting saying it cannot connect to the sonos system.

A reboot of the BT hub seems to fix it sometimes, just very frustrating.

Just tried to open the app now and getting it again, app just gives the message can’t connect to sonos.

*edit* just restarted hun and everything’s back

I went from using a bridge which never had any issues to just using everything over wifi as needed the plug socket for something else, don’t really want to have to go back to using it!

Last edited:
Associate
I have similar, things will work for a while then the app on iOS just stops connecting saying it cannot connect to the sonos system.

A reboot of the BT hub seems to fix it sometimes, just very frustrating.

Just tried to open the app now and getting it again, app just gives the message can’t connect to sonos.

*edit* just restarted hun and everything’s back

I went from using a bridge which never had any issues to just using everything over wifi as needed the plug socket for something else, don’t really want to have to go back to using it!

can you plug an Ethernet into 1 speaker the enable SonosNet? I use that method and it’s flawless

Man of Honour
Having the same connection problems with the roam as I am with my move. I’m curious if it’s a UniFi network issues. What’s bizarre is that they both remain connected to the internet, ie, Alexa works but they don’t show on the Sonos app at all.

Soldato
When I first got my Sonos stuff I had no end of problems getting it to play nicely with my Ubiquiti access points, more often than not the Sonos app couldn't connect to the system. I don't remember if I could ping the speakers.

To sort it I created a new wireless network for the Sonos kit that was 2.4GHz only. Since then I've had no problems.

It's odd though that they're definitely connected to the wireless network in your case.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
can you plug an Ethernet into 1 speaker the enable SonosNet? I use that method and it’s flawless

No, no speaker is near the router. It’s why I used to use the bridge before Sonos enabled the wifi stuff, but it’s just not as reliable as using the bridge/plugging in one speaker.

I think it’s something to do with the BT hub not handling it with devices on 5Ghz trying to connect to the sonos devices which sit on 2.4Ghz.

As a test if I disable 5Ghz and force my device to 2.4Ghz it then connects.

Last edited:
Soldato
All my Sonos disappeared from the iOS controller app the other day, had to reset some of the Sonos units.

On a Unifi network and no BT Hub, none of the network was reset and it all came back slowly.

EDIT: worth adding that most of the Sonos are hardwired.

Back
Top Bottom