***Official Squad Thread***

It's perfectly fine on AMD GPUs.

It used to be a bit poor on AMD CPU's but I think that has improved a lot with the optimisations of the latest update. I'm not an AMD CPU user though so can't give specifics.

it should run ok on amd cpus now I think,i only have an i3 and it rarely dips below 50fps for me and I have almost everything maxed...try it and see,its free for the next few days so wont hurt to try it :)

Tonight on the main [RIP] server is normally [RIP] vs the World - ie the only night of the week our whole clan stacks on one side to take on all challengers, but due to the free weekend one or two guys have offered to Squad Lead on the opposing team and take a whole squad of newbies and teach them mechanics of the game. So might be worth looking out for if you're in the server :)

Tonight on the main [RIP] server is normally [RIP] vs the World - ie the only night of the week our whole clan stacks on one side to take on all challengers, but due to the free weekend one or two guys have offered to Squad Lead on the opposing team and take a whole squad of newbies and teach them mechanics of the game. So might be worth looking out for if you're in the server :)

cool,will keep an eye out for it :) I'm going to have a little game now

There's a load of squad basics type videos on youtube by the way, if anyone wants to get a heads up before jumping in. Bare in mind that a lot are on previous builds so UI will look a little different.

As expected our Steam user reviews are plummeting due to people expecting it to play like BF/CoD. This is what we are up against:

Terrible. Bad UI. No minimap, no death cam, how can I know who shoot me and if they not cheating. No crosshair in the gun, no zoom in or very small zoom if you have optics, why as a soldier I don't have binoculars. No squad respawn, no terrain and building destruction like in battlefield. Where is the physics? Where are different vehicles, huge map and 1 truck for whole army 70 people. People talking using voice chat. Oh man, sometimes I want peace and relax and listen to music when I play the game not listen stupid talking all the time on voice chat. I played Call of Duty and Battlefield and sometimes I could be on top of the score list and here I can't kill anyone. Running alone to enemy base for 10 minutes in huge map and then get killed by someone in an empty base without seeing him. Good thing that I could try this in a free weekend.

As expected our Steam user reviews are plummeting due to people expecting it to play like BF/CoD. This is what we are up against:

im going to write a review in a bit on steam,this is the game ive been looking for since I became a pc gamer! (only switched to pc in January of this year) its AMAZING!

I love everything about this game and to think its only in alpha! only thing I havnt enjoyed is the game I was in just now lol was a noob like me as squad leader and none of our squad had a clue what to do,when you get a good squad leader its absolutely GREAT!

the reason I love it so much is the exact reasons that guy hates it in that review lol I don't understand why everyone thinks every game has to be like cod or battlefield,this is a more serious shooter and anyone with a brain would see that within 10 mins of play,it sounds like its mostly the younger snotty nosed generation writing reviews like that though

I'm going to give that reviewer the benefit of doubt and say he's joking, if not then they are seriously stupid. I've been keeping a eye on this for a while so looking forward to trying it out.

You would like to think so but there are lots of them. We knew the user reviews were going to tank over the weekend though due to people coming and expecting to be able to play the game how they play others.

Not sure why Steam even lets people with 0.1 hours playtime (and on a free weekend) leave reviews such as
gay/10', 'took me too long to find an enemy

Brilliant!

Christ. Surely you'd realise that the game is clearly not aimed at you if that's how you reviewed it. And I actually laughed out loud at the assumption that being good at CoD/BF should translate to being good at this :D

Not sure I'm going to be able to play again tonight, it's certainly a game you have to devote significant time to.

Quick question - are there any plans to introduce a quick throw key for grenades? Lots of FPS games do this now, rather than having the grenade purely as a selectable weapon in it's own right. I gather you might not be keen on introducing it if you don't think it's realistic, but it's a feature that i think makes games like this feel a bit more intuitive.

At the very least (and this might already exist, so correct me if I'm wrong), but it would be nice to have a keybind to toggle main weapon and grenade so I can bind it to a thumb button on my mouse.

Anyway, cracking job so far. Will definitely be taking a punt while it's on offer :)

man have I been in some weird games today lol ive had a couple of amazing games but the rest have been full of noobs like me,the squad leaders have given no orders at all and been silent and the game ive just quit from not one person spoke on the whole of my squad lol

I don't mind playing with fellow noobs at all but I just wish they didn't choose to be squad leaders or if they do at least try and be a bit more vocal etc

Yeh it's just ridiculous being a squad leader without a mic, or without some knowledge of how the game works. It's just not optional, the game won't work without an active SL.

Yeh it's just ridiculous being a squad leader without a mic, or without some knowledge of how the game works. It's just not optional, the game won't work without an active SL.

no and it takes a lot of the fun out of it if you have a silent squad leader, I don't want a overly bossy SL but one who gives basic orders etc and tries to deploy a bit of tactics makes the game a whole lot better and more enjoyable.

Been reading that squad doesn't run too well on AMD hardware especially CPUs, anyone have 1st hand experience on this?

Im on a FX8350 and 2x 280X in crossfire Ive never had any real issues tbh considering its an alpha game and I'm not sure CF adds anything.

I play on the RIP and mumblerines server quite a lot as SL][DER and will SL occasionally if I have to. Hate it when no ones steps up then I end up in with a bunch of backseat squad leaders but its still better than getting stuck with medic :)

Back
Top Bottom