***Official Squad Thread***

Have all servers gone down?
Xcept - the server that you are apparently currently playing on via that link is not responding, and the in game server browser is empty :(

EDIT: Right, what am I doing wrong? The in game server browsers are empty. I can see the Squad servers in the Steam Server list, but whenever I try to join one with the game running, it just flashes up "Not responding" and doesnt attempt to connect. If I shut the game down and join a server through Steam, Squad loads, but just takes me to the main menu and doesn't try and join the server I clicked.

What's going on? Game seems to work fine - I had a mooch around the firing range and it looks bloody good so I'm a bit frustrated that I can't join games :(

Last edited:
I've only got windows defender installed. Not sure he to control access to individual programs with it.

EDIT: Found exclusions list, added Squad.exe...servers showing now :)

EDIT EDIT: Well, this sucks. I've joined 5 completely different servers now, and after being on each one for no more than a few seconds, I am booted back to the main menu with "Server Closed Connection". Off to Google, but this is pretty frustrating :/

Last edited:
WOW this game is hard lol I actually do like it but man its a shock to the system after playing battlefields etc,i died....a lot lol drove a truck around in circles for 10 mins then crashed it and got it stuck,died a lot again....its going to take me a while to get used to this game but I really want to get good at it :) 90% of the time I didn't even see who killed me! my eyes need to adjust to it I think,people seem to be able to see me but I cant see them lol

oh it runs pretty sweet as well,on my setup it didn't really dip below 50fps and was quite a bit higher than that at times,i almost have everything maxed as well :)

anyone thinking of trying it be prepared for quiet spells of nervously making your way to objectives followed by INTENSE combat and a realism type experience,,this is as far from your battlefields as you can get,,but its good :)

Last edited:
WOW this game is hard lol I actually do like it but man its a shock to the system after playing battlefields etc,i died....a lot lol drove a truck around in circles for 10 mins then crashed it and got it stuck,died a lot again....its going to take me a while to get used to this game but I really want to get good at it :) 90% of the time I didn't even see who killed me! my eyes need to adjust to it I think,people seem to be able to see me but I cant see them lol

oh it runs pretty sweet as well,on my setup it didn't really dip below 50fps and was quite a bit higher than that at times,i almost have everything maxed as well :)

anyone thinking of trying it be prepared for quite spells of nervously making your way to objectives followed by INTENSE combat and a realism type experience,,this is as far from your battlefields as you can get,,but its good :)

You did well for your first time! The enemy team on both maps were pretty well organised so we got hit hard.

I did like the bit where the rocket whizzed right by us then our crawl through the shallow river to cover!

It takes a while to get into if you've never played anything like this but the firefights you get are intense!

You did well for your first time! The enemy team on both maps were pretty well organised so we got hit hard.

I did like the bit where the rocket whizzed right by us then our crawl through the shallow river to cover!

It takes a while to get into if you've never played anything like this but the firefights you get are intense!

I think I'm going to buy it :) as I did enjoy it,it is intense though,yeah I was nervous as hell crawling on my belly down the stream lol might try and get another little game in tonight some when,i don't have to get up in the morning :D

Urgh. Hate this attitude. Perhaps you were once in that position..new to the game. No doubt you got some decent support from players, helping you along. So special.

Thankfully there are a lot of cool/calm players in the game that help newbies along.

I was indeed as everyone is at first. However a lot of people don't / will not want to play properly and learn and just end up blowing up a whole squad or something then leaving

Not too sure what the idea behind the free weekend is anyway as you can now try games and get a Steam refund

anyone thinking of trying it be prepared for quiet spells of nervously making your way to objectives followed by INTENSE combat and a realism type experience,,this is as far from your battlefields as you can get,,but its good :)

Best tip - move slow. Takes a while to get used to after BF etc, but the key is see but don't be seen.

I was indeed as everyone is at first. However a lot of people don't / will not want to play properly and learn and just end up blowing up a whole squad or something then leaving

Not too sure what the idea behind the free weekend is anyway as you can now try games and get a Steam refund

It's a free weekend/50% off for veterans/remembrance day. Ya know, the whole charity event that we're doing at the minute :P

awesome

don't forget to check out the [RIP] servers, the RIP crew are ready to embrace the noob flow :)

Just been playing on an RIP server. Very helpful group of people :)

What a fantastic, yet incredibly hard game. I must have spent an hour feeling like an absolute spare part, but everyone was very forgiving. We were trying to hold a fortress (not sure what map...lots of hills and trees). I fired at a few enemy targets, didn't think I hit anything. At the end of the round turns out I had 4 kills :D

Better hit the hay now, work in the morning. NO plans for the weekend though, so I think I know what I'll be doing :)

ive just had another game and decided this has a place in my steam library so I have bought it :) great game but can see it taking a while to get good lol havnt killed one person yet in 2hrs of gameplay haha

Last edited:
Just been playing on an RIP server. Very helpful group of people :)

What a fantastic, yet incredibly hard game. I must have spent an hour feeling like an absolute spare part, but everyone was very forgiving. We were trying to hold a fortress (not sure what map...lots of hills and trees). I fired at a few enemy targets, didn't think I hit anything. At the end of the round turns out I had 4 kills :D

Better hit the hay now, work in the morning. NO plans for the weekend though, so I think I know what I'll be doing :)

Ah good :) It quickly caught my eye when I first started as a very friendly place to be and I haven't left yet. :)

I was in that in round, same team different squad. Was a tough round that! You had more kills than I did too :D

Last edited:
YAY I actually got a kill this morning lol I'm loving this game, only thing is I went back to battlefield 1 for an hr this morning and found it...well...shallow,squad is more my type of game :)

YAY I actually got a kill this morning lol I'm loving this game, only thing is I went back to battlefield 1 for an hr this morning and found it...well...shallow,squad is more my type of game :)

I feel the same. BF1 is great to pick up and blast if you just want an arcade experience, but squad is much more rewarding if tactics and teamplay are your thing. Each kill feels way more important too!

Back
Top Bottom