******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Anybody else having issues with the two step authentication? Installed the RSI launcher after reinstalling windows a while back, and on logon it comes up with a two step authenticator request? Says code will be sent via email..... but nothing comes through? I can't recall setting it up in the first place?

Contacted support who stated that they have removed the assigned authenticator and I should get emails - but still nothing. They then suggested I change the email address being used and double check for blocked emails/spam folder etc. I'm getting notifications from support and the general news emails with no issues so email address seems to be working fine.

So, gave them another email address which they changed it to and.... still the same issue. No authenticator emails being received. They've since closed the support call, so I raised another but as yet have had no response? Go the notification email of the case being raised so again email address seems to be working ok.

I basically can't logon to the RSI launcher or my account on the web page. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Biggest issue I've had is if you are using dark mode on your email client the code looks blank, normal mode is fine.

Sounds like potentially your email provider is catching the e-mail as it's maybe got elements of phishing around it (or has been marked as spam by customers), anyway you can try an alternative email address to see if that works?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are not needing to use the authenticator are you not just able to sign into the launcher now and not need an email for said authenticator? I am lost to why you are still expecting an email if support have said they have removed the assigned authenticator?

edit: and regarding your emails, is the new email address from same email provider? Have you tried sending to like work email on a different network that you can still access if you do need an email? Or a close friend you can trust to get authenticator code from if that needed?

Last edited:
Associate
If you are not needing to use the authenticator are you not just able to sign into the launcher now and not need an email for said authenticator? I am lost to why you are still expecting an email if support have said they have removed the assigned authenticator?

edit: and regarding your emails, is the new email address from same email provider? Have you tried sending to like work email on a different network that you can still access if you do need an email? Or a close friend you can trust to get authenticator code from if that needed?
Problem is that is won't log me in unless I respond to the authenticator code request to allow me to disable or remove it. Catch 22.

Just had a response from support - they suggested that I change my email to a gmail address and try that. Sent a reply but it bounced. The amount of times my replies bounce with them from "Spam Titan" with "Unsolicited Bulk Email (SPAM) from you" if I have an email address in the text is ridiculous. Continuing to try.....

Associate
Biggest issue I've had is if you are using dark mode on your email client the code looks blank, normal mode is fine.

Sounds like potentially your email provider is catching the e-mail as it's maybe got elements of phishing around it (or has been marked as spam by customers), anyway you can try an alternative email address to see if that works?
Problem is I don't get an email at all, nothing arrives.

I've had no problems with my domain with other two factor emails from the likes of microsoft etc, so don't think my domain has been blacklisted. They've replied and suggested I use a gmail account instead. Having issues with their spam filter bouncing emails back if I put any email addresses in the text though. It's crazy.... :(

I've double and triple checked spam folders, spam settings etc all nothing in there. I've even added the "cloudimperiumgames.com" domain as a safe sender in my hosting white listed domains too. Still no joy.

Last edited:
Associate
Remove your user dir in the game folder, then try!

You may have to wait 30 mins as IIRC they temp lock the account.
This is a fresh install of the RSI launcher - not even managed to successfully logon yet to download the game files. I've not "failed" a logon, just comes up with a two step authentication prompt but no email so I can't get passed it.

Soldato
OP
Usually this is caused by email provider blocking them as spam etc before they even reach the user mailbox (it won't even be in your spam folder).

There are lots of instances of this on reddit for star citizen tbh.

Completely nuking the RSI launcher/star citizen folders may be an idea though worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom